Under The Sea

❝ Furina and Neuvillette have an underwater date. ❞

( WRITTEN BEFORE 4.2 )

ʚ ʚ ʚ

The afternoon sunlight shone on Neuvillette's calm face. His violet eyes moved along with his hand on the paper. Every line was blurred - It was as if he was in automatic mode, his mind wandering through the daily verdicts, unable to find pause.

It was supposed to be his free time, but justice never rested. After the trials, it was usual for him to do administrative paperwork, at least until someone burst into his office unexpectedly.

He didn't need to look up to know who it was. Obviously, those graceful gaits echoing across the floor could only belong to...

"Neuvi! Let's go."

Now, that caught his attention. Before he knew it, Furina had already made room in front of him, standing between him and the papers. Her soft smile told him that nothing untoward had happened. Just, perhaps, one of her witticisms. The judge closed his eyes momentarily as he felt her fingers caress his cheeks.

"Has occurred something, Furina?" He questioned as he set the pen down in his inkwell.

"Yes, as a matter of fact! An idea did occur to me, but first..."

Unlike his table, she wasn't fuzzy. Not even when she bent down and kissed him, chuckling - It was when he realized how much he had missed her throughout the day. After a few seconds, he pulled away.

"Well, ahem. I missed my dearest Iudex and, I said, I'm sure my Neuvi is tired of his paperwork... "

He glanced at Furina as he tapped thoughtfully on the armrest with his forefinger. "Are you suggesting I delay my work?"

"It'll... only be a couple of hours! You and I, an underwater rendezvous - is there anything more you'd rather have than a combination of your favourite element and Archon? We can say hello to the Melusines too..."

She was already convincing him about a date and his favourite Archon, but the Melusines was playing dirty. He glanced at the scant papers behind her, but Furina, still taking in his face, made him look at her again.

"Have you bolted the door?"

"Of course!"

With a slight sigh, he tugged her waist gently down to take a seat. Blushing, Furina eventually settled into his lap gladly, giggling lightly. Since she weighed nothing, his legs didn't hurt at all. After subtly brushing aside her long, tickling white hair, Neuvillette wrapped his left arm around her. Then he dragged the chair over and started writing again.

"I have only three papers left. After that, I'll be all yours."

"Perfect then! But you'll be mine now, too."

And then she kissed his cheek. Something told him it wouldn't be three productive papers by how she kept kissing him.

Still, Neuvillette felt the tension releasing from his shoulders with each display of affection. Even focused on his work, Furina was serving as a disconnect. As such, he allowed himself the pleasure of returning some of them.

ʚ ʚ ʚ

Dating, given their high positions, was complicated. The city was easily dismissed. In fact, the entire mainland. They needed spaces where they could be alone, such as their chambers, offices and private transport. All of which were not considered dating places.