Lavender Eyes

❝ Neuvifuri cuddling and smooching in bed. That's it, that's the tweet. ❞

ʚʚʚ

Neuvillette was like a pillow filled with quality feathers. Its warmth wrapped around her like a blanket on a cold winter's day. With his arms around her, she felt the proper protection to sleep for hours, days. Being with him felt as cozy as when she climbed into bed in December after a long day. His smell reminded her of the sea, that characteristic scent when you step on the sand in summer when the salt takes over your sense of smell.

There was something different, though, a fact she could not achieve alone.

Nothing compared to the touch of his lips. Nor the nibbling of their teeth or the rub of their tongues. Like a calm swell, they patiently and slowly brought their mouths together. The caressing thumb on her cheek plunged her into a divine trance. Every beat of her heart complemented her partner's with every display of affection.

He was always so gentle. How could she not want to be in his arms again? Even if they no longer lived together, even if she had kept the truth from him for so long... Neuvillette still kissed her in the same way. Furina also shuddered as she used to when she felt his faint smile pressed against hers.

"I must admit, you have occupied my thoughts all day." He mused hoarsely against her lips. "When are you not in them, though?"

Furina giggled softly. Her eyes narrowed delicately as her smile widened. "Does my dear Iudex yearn for me?"

Oh, he already had those glassy little eyes of a needy little dragon. Furina couldn't resist: his face was a canvas — one that needed kisses here and there. She left the first one on his jaw and intended to continue.

"Every day." Furina looked up. Her mouth remained busy, though.

"We see each other daily now."

Neuvillette sighed, stroking her hair gently. The brush of his fingers plunged her into the depths of drowsiness. "I acknowledge it, but..." He brought his face close again, his nose brushing against hers adorably. "I cannot manage the way I feel. I am still adjusting to it."

She felt the same. Everything was so different and lonely — Not like the weight of her curse, but with the fact that her lover was no longer within such mundane reach as usual. Before, she only had to take two steps and sneak into his office. No matter how many papers there were, Neuvillette always made room for her. Now that she didn't live there, excuses were rarer — visits were always recorded for the public eye.

But that was not the case with her house, which explained why they were now in her bed.

She kissed his reddened lips again, soft and moist. Of course, Neuvillette returned it.

"It's all right, Neuvi... We have lived together for these 500 years. Part of me is still with you in the Palais Mermonia."

Oh, his violet gaze narrowed. Surely, he would tell her something melting, precious. It conveyed to her the peace of a lavender field. His dilated pupils covered almost his entire iris.

When he took her hand, he kissed it gently. "Of course, you are still... In my heart, I carry you with me wherever I am." Furina shivered as he brought his hand to the Oceanid heart in the centre of his cravat. He always wore it proudly, as if he had no qualms about loving her. "I have yours here, after all."

It was next to the instructions in the letter she sent him when she invited him to be her judge — the heart of the Oceanid she once was. From the moment they met, she felt that Neuvillette would hold great importance in her life — That he'd be loyal and devoted. But he was so very much so...

Furina stroked the gem gently. "You've always kept it. Every day, you've borne it with you."

He could see her smile again. It was so faint and precious that she had the impulse to kiss him again. So she did. "Hmm..." And she gave him another one because she felt like it. "And I will keep it until the end of my days. It is my most prized possession."

Furina shuddered at that last. Her Oceanid heart was her most prized possession. Her heart. Possession...

"See? Then I am with you always."

She wanted to cheer him up somehow. Even if she longed for him every day — at least she needed to comfort him. The rains frequented Fontaine those days.

"I know..." And he kissed her forehead. "I appreciate every way you are by my side. But you, in the flesh..." Then his lips. "... You are my favourite Furina."

"I only have one Monsieur Neuvillette..." He opened his eyes softly as he remembered his vision. Furina smiled. True, it was given to her by him. Like her heart, that vision was part of Neuvillette. "Oh! Two. So... We carry ourselves the same way."

Neuvillette nodded. "That's right." Only the sound of their kisses could be heard. With their talk paused, he continued in a whisper after a few seconds. "I will always love you, Furina."

Despite the short circuit caused by his words, Furina continued kissing him as if nothing had happened. However, nothing hid the growing smile on her face.

Deciphering his feelings was difficult, but his feelings towards her were always clear, even hers.

She could only reply, "So will I."

Because now, without curses, she could love him freely. Though, with or without it... She had always adored losing herself on his lips.