Chapter 3 ~ no way ~

Tanner arrived at the KJ offices early on Monday morning, he had been informed by Chit that the guy he was being tasked to watch was coming in at 9am so he wanted to be ready. He went up to the floor which housed KJ Security then he had a coffee in the staff room while catching up with a few familiar faces.

It wasn't the first time he'd done temporary work with Chit so he knew his way around the place and at 8.45am he made his way to Chit's office then knocking on the door he went in and saluted his old superior.

"at ease soldier, we're not in the military now bud" Chit laughed.

"old habits and all that, so how're you doing boss?" Tanner asked him while smiling.

"good, how are you?" Chit replied.

"same old, same old, you know how it is" Tanner replied.

"so the guy your protecting is called Will Thanatcharphun, he's been receiving some weird letters, emails and phone calls, he has no enemies to speak of but it's still concerning, you know the drill" Chit supplied all the necessary information.

"got it boss, so how's Toonie, still as handsome as ever?" Tanner asked.

"you know it, and what about you, are you seeing anyone right now?" Chit asked.

"ha! who'd put up with me, you know how cranky I am at the best of times, I'm not really a people person" Tanner replied.

"nonsense, you just haven't met the right one" Chit replied.

"nagh, you're just so loved up you want everyone else around you to be as well" Tanner laughed.

"so fucking sue me" Chit swore while laughing.

"it's so great to see you again boss" Tanner laughed with him, it wasn't easy to adjust after being in the military for so many years since leaving school.

"do you regret leaving?" Chit asked.

"sometimes, perhaps I'll go back after this" Tanner shrugged, it was a question he had been asking himself for a while now, some folks just weren't cut out for life on civi' street.

"seems to me as if you're searching for something, you seem unsettled" Chit said.

"well if you find out what that something is, give me a heads up" Tanner laughed as a knock sounded on the door.

"come in" Chit bellowed.

The door opened and a man walked in wearing a business suit, Tanner looked up to see the guy from Friday night, what the fuck was he doing here?.

"good morning Mr Thanonariwit, I'm Will Thanatcharphun" he said stretching out his hand while looking at Tanner with a confused expression.

"ah, Mr Thanatcharphun, please call me Chit and this is Tanner Takiriphan, he's one of my best men, he'll be the one who's protecting you"

"Tanner?" Will said looking across at the delivery guy.

"Mr Thanatcharphun" Tanner replied.

"I thought you were a food delivery guy?" Will smiled.

"only part time" Tanner replied.

"food delivery guy, have you been moonlighting again Tanner?" Chit laughed.

"just helping out an old friend boss" Tanner said.

"I've never known anyone who works as hard as Tanner here Mr Thanatcharphun, you shouldn't have any complaints" Chit said.

Will looked at Tanner, he looked so different in his fitted dark suit and his black hair styled to within an inch of it's life, he wondered what Tanner would think if he knew that he'd been thinking of him on Friday night as he pleasured himself, shiyaa looking like this, Will knew he would be doing the same again given half the chance.