Chapter 16 ~ glimmer of hope ~

Tanner woke up in Will's arms who after bestowing a quick kiss last night had kept his promise and his hands to himself. It was a new day and Tanner felt great as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders after spilling his guts to Chit yesterday.

He managed to get up without disturbing Will and went to wash up before dressing and going to start on breakfast, it was Tuesday morning and he wondered what today would bring? 

Would there be any more letters from the stalker?

Would there be any fall out from Will's display yesterday where he basically declared to his whole company that they were in some sort of relationship which exceeded "the norm" 

Tanner heard movement and looked up to see Will striding towards him wearing his pyjama pants, even with his messy bed hair the guy looked hot. 

"good morning ba ... Tanner" Will said.

"good morning Will, breakfast will be ready soon"

"great, I'll just get my good morning kiss then I'll wash up, you sneaked out before I had a chance" Will said.

Tanner smiled as Will captured him in his arms and planted a kiss on his lips before leaning back to gaze into his eyes,

"did you have a good sleep?" Will asked.

"yes, thank you, did you?" Tanner replied.

"mmm, even better having you in my arms" Will said.

"ok go get washed up, we can't be late, you missed almost a whole day yesterday" Tanner said.

"yes boss" Will teased

"Tanner smiled as he watched Will walk back into his bedroom and turned back to the stove to finish breakfast. He poured some coffee as soon as he heard the shower shut off then a few minutes later he began to plate the food.

Will entered the kitchen looking every bit the wealthy successful businessman that he was and sat to eat as Tanner put the pan to soak.

"I just thought of something" Tanner said.

"go on" Will prompted.

"I'm your security so how the hell did I end up becoming your chef too?" Tanner complained.

"but you know I can't cook ba ... Tanner, if I make breakfast it will just be cereal or toast and believe me when I tell you, I'm quite proficient at burning toast too" he laughed.

"oh I do" Tanner laughed, he didn't mind cooking really.

"not to worry, you can have a break tonight, I'll order in from Jacks" Will said.

"what will you order?" Tanner asked.

"mmm not sure yet but I'll have to get some soup, I always do so Jack will think it's weird if I don't" Will said.

"this is crazy, you're buying food that I took there for free and that we already have here" Tanner said.

"look at it this way though, I'm supporting Jack and Shana and they need it even more now with a baby on the way" Will smiled.

"I know, I'll just be glad when this is all over, I hate keeping secrets from people" Tanner said.

"just one of the many reasons why I love you" Will smiled.

"I'll have to make myself scarce when it gets delivered" Tanner said planning to go and hide in the spare room, this whole situation was ridiculous.

After breakfast they set off to Will's office and Will spent the morning catching up on the work he didn't do yesterday while Tanner spent his time researching Wills business acquaintances but hadn't found anything as yet.