Chapter 8 ~ threats ~

As Tanner drove them both back to Will's place later that day he had to admit that Will had kept his promise and stopped with the propositions though for how long was anyone's guess? They'd had to drop by his condo first so that he could pack an overnight bag and he also needed to drop off the soup at Jacks place.

This was awkward, he couldn't let Jack know who his client was because of company policy, security and privacy reasons but neither could he leave Will alone? In the end he made Will promise to stay in the car and he would park out of sight.

Will helped Tanner to carry the containers to his car before getting in,

"so how long have you been supplying Jack and Shana?" Will enquired.

"ever since they opened, initially I was just helping them out but it turned out that the customers love it so I make a batch of it whenever Jack or Shana tells me they're running low, normally once a week" Tanner explained.

"I'm amazed, all this time I had Shana on a pedestal, not in a romantic way of course but more like a sister who cooks for me unlike Suki who can't even boil an egg" Will laughed.

"she's very pretty, Suki I mean" Tanner said.

"wait, are you ... interested in my sister?" Will had to ask.

"what? no, of course not"

"good because that would create problems" Will stated.

Arriving at Jack's place, Tanner parked around the corner and before he climbed out of the car he instructed Will to lock the doors behind him.

"yes dad" Will said laughing.

"I'm serious Will, if anyone is following us and they see you alone, who knows what could happen?" Tanner said.

He got out of the car and collected three of the containers, he would come back in a moment for the other two and Will watched him carrying them around the corner towards Jack's place. He still couldn't get his head around the fact that the person he liked and the person who made his favourite soup were one and the same.

Tanner walked into the cafe and called out to Jack who was in the back while a handsome young boy was serving the customers in front.

"hey bro'" Jack said coming out front and seeing Tanner.

"here, take these, I'll just go and get the other two then you're good for another few days" Tanner said.

"two? you normally make six?" Jack said.

"yeah, I was really hungry last night and I didn't have anything in so I had to dip into the sixth container, sorry bro' I'll make you a fresh batch as soon as you need it" Tanner promised rushing out of the door to fetch the last two containers, he hated lying to Jack.

"you ok Will?" he asked back at the car

"sure, you just do what you need to do" Will said leaning his head back and closing his eyes"

"won't be long then" Tanner said walking off again.

Jack was waiting to take the last two containers then after placing them in his fridge he came back out to share a few words with his friend.

"so let me introduce you to our new member of staff Tanner, this here is Justin, Justin, this is my best buddy, Tanner"

Justin wai'd at the older man and said hello before smiling at him, he was indeed cute.

"are you enjoying working here Justin?" Tanner asked

"yes Phi', it's fun and P'Jack is a very good boss" he beamed.