Chapter Three: Demi-human

I roll over relishing the warmness my body found, wrapping my hands around my solid pillow.
Wait...
Solid?
I don't think I have a solid pillow but in my dreamy haze I continue cuddling this strange pillow...that moves, wrapping an arm around my waist...and did it just purr.
Shit.
It so totally purred.
I carefully open one of my eyes. Then the other. Slowly. I squint through my lashes to the bright sunshine.
My heart launches into overdrive, thumping wildly inside my rib cage as I take a moment to scan my surroundings. I'm nose to nose with a blonde haired guy.
I slept with a guy!? A deep satisfied purr emanates from his chest and he snuggles closer to me.
Shit. Shit. Shit.
His nose finds my neck and I tense as a breathy purr passes his lips. I just realised my position, one of his legs is in between mine and my arms wrapped are around his broad shoulders, his on my waist 
When? Where? How?
"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!?" I shout at the top of my lungs. Leaping off the bed and to safer ground. The guy stirs, groaning a little, his face contourting like he went through pain. His bottle green eyes flutter open focusing and unfocusing. His ears twitch as he uses his hands to fold them.
His
Black
Cat
Ears!!!
And...
"Your naked!!!!" I screech in horror disbelief.
He discreetly pulls the blankets under his chin. "Um...privacy?"
I pivot away, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth.
I pinch my skin, I'm dreaming.
I'm dreaming.
I have to be dreaming!
The doors were locked last night, and I was sober and what is oxygen.
Oh good Lord.
"You have ten seconds. Explanation. Now."
He clears his throat and it feels like a whole hour before he speaks again.
"I know you won't believe a word that's going to come out of my mouth—"
"I wouldn't believe me if I believed you."
"Alright, but bear with me...I'm actually Faell."
I turn back around, my eyes narrowed, "come again?"
His emerald eyes turn to the ceiling, obviously escaping my gaze and the corner of his mouth tugs up in a timid smile. "With the e....remember...more sophisticated."
I laugh and laugh and laugh.
Shit my stomach hurts so much.
When I'm finished and start wiping tear remnants I speak again. "Yeah and I'm Repunzel," I say sarcastically, flicking my shoulder long hair. "Ironic, am I right."
He gives me pleading eyes his ears perking up with a little hope. "Dumped. Dead. Dad. Downpour."
My blood freezes, icicles replacing the warm blood in my veins.
I'm going insane.
"W-w-what?" I splutter quietly.
"You kept repeating those four words."
I rub my collarbone looking everywhere but him.
His a cat. How the hell can I believe a real life guy can turn into a cat. Sorry—cat turn into a guy.
Or I'm just insane.
I'm fucking psychotic.
"Show me," I say, my arm dropping to my side aimlessly.
"Oh I can't do that, gumdrop." He answers with a shake of his head. His long blonde hair bobbing with the movement.
"Why?"
"I only transform into a cat at night."
I roll my eyes. "Now there's specific times to transmogrify."
"C'mon you thought I was cute nine hours ago." He says with a smirk.
I ignore him, pondering for a minute. "Then what are you...a demi-human?"
He shrugs half heartedly. "Maybe."
"You don't even know what you are?" I ask, genuinely concerned for him.
"The only thing I remember was the rain, and you taking me here," he looks around dazed.
"Are you joking?" I ask raising my brows. It has to be. "This isn't funny Faell."
His ears drop back when he frowns (I don't think I'll ever get used to the ears). "I'm not laughing Lucky."
My eyebrows reach higher on my forehead. "You know my name?" I say warily.
"I heard Amber—your friend—yelling from the other side of the phone. So yes, I know your name."
I'm not even gonna ask if he heard the whole convo.
I brush a tired hand through my hair, exhaling loudly. "Why did you sleep on my bed last night?"
"The box was too tiny and you were very inviting when I crawled under your covers last night, so why not," he grins mischievously.
"You don't know the first thing about invading privacy. Do you?" He shakes his head oblivious to the rhetorical question.
I sigh and back out of my room making my breakfast with tired eyes and sloppy arms. Faell walks in after me, wrapped in the blanket watching me pour rainbow rings into a bowl.
"So," I say between spoonfuls. "Do you eat human food or are you like..." I trail off. Not knowing how to finish that sentence.
"I prefer milk but I'm fine with anything." He answers. I nod thoughtfully before bringing another spoon to my mouth. Instead of entering, it falls to the floor. I sigh grabbing it and unknowingly drop the bowl as well. My breakfast splattering on the wooden floor.
I cuss quietly assessing my sleeve now covered in milk. I flick off some rings from my arm and try to stand but hit my head on the door of the opened cupboard. "Shit." I rub my head tenderly. "You 'kay?" Faell asks wincing for me. I nod and head to my room washing off the milk and changing into a sweater.
I also head to my dad's old room and snatch a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I hold them out to Faell. "Wear this. You can't be in my house looking like a defected worm."
He takes them with a small smile and heads into a room to change as I go on my knees picking up rainbow rings from the floor.
I dump the rag that I've been wiping the floor with in the bin and give up on breakfast.
"Whats the four words for?" Faell asks once his back with fresh clothes that fit him well.
He is cute with his shoulder length gold hair and curious green eyes and the constant motion of his black ears. His tall build and broad shoulders and flawless tanned skin.  
"What?" I say, then it dawns me. "It isn't important what's important is that I need to head to school." I deflect, glancing at my wrist that lacks the watch. I rub at a nonexistent scratch instead, not ready to be humiliated by Faell.
He looks at me fleetingly, his ears angling to the side. "You go to school?"
"You don't?"
"I'm a demi-human. Do you expect me to go school?"
I sigh, heading to my room to change. As I slip on my shoes on the steps I tell him one last thing.
"Eat breakfast and don't go outside until I'm back. Don't answer any phone calls. Don't touch anything." I open the door.
"Wait Lucky!" He dashes towards me gripping the door to stop me from closing it. I sigh, "what?"
"Are you gonna leave me?" His eyes were sad and filled with apprehension.
He was actually sincerely asking if I was abandoning him?
Something comes over me when I have the courage to go on my tippy toes and rub the space between his ears. "No Faell. I'm not leaving. I'm the one that found you so your staying here."
His ears perk up as he slowly grins and I have to hold in my smile. "Now don't break the first rule of not stepping outside." He laughs closing the door.
***