Chapter Four: Bounce Back Material

"Your insane. Luck, do you hear me," Amber says holding her head in her hands. I chew on a gummy bear and stare at the cloudy sky from the back stairs of the library, aka the only place I can avoid the one and only thing I physically avoid.
Guy-who-shall-not-be-named.
"That's what I thought when I found him naked in my bed." I deadpan.
"WHAT!!?"
I slowly face her and nod my head. "Same thing. I said the same fucking thing."
"And you just believe?" She says wide eyed. Amber snatches up five gummy bears hoards them in her mouth and chews them aggressively. When she's finished and swallows massively, she massages her jaw and stares at the sky.
"Oh miGod. That's some deep shit you got yourself into."
"Mhmm," I agree.
She wiggled suggestive eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes. "Amber.." I warn, "get your mind out of the gutter."
"It. Is. Not." She says utterly affronted. Then she bats those long eyelashes at me. "Is he cute—"
"Motherfucker." I uncross my legs and attempt to leave but she grabs my sleeve and forces me down again.
I land with an oomf. I cross my arms and make a show of glaring at the courtyard avoiding her grey eyes. She pouts for a moment and when I don't relent she sighs handing me a five dollar note.
"As a cat," I mumble, pocketing the money.
I'm not ready to admit his actually fairly good looking as a human as well.
"I'm coming over toni—"
I immediately narrow my eyes at her. "No. Fucking. Way."
The bitch pouts once more but her grey eyes don't lose the little spark.
"Then I guess you know who has a chance." She says with zero consideration for my own feelings.
I give her a flat stare.
"C'mon Luck you need to move on. His sooo bounce back material." Her eyes are gleaming with hope and it makes me sick.
The bell chimes telling us to move on to our next classes.
We are not having this conversation again.
***