Typing

Charlie

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

-Stephen Chbosky

__________________________________

     Charlie Spring had decided that he was going to suss out the Nelson lad to determine wether his other efforts where needed to make it work. He wanted to know everything about him. Hobbies, Interests, Likes, Dislikes and all other things. I mean, what else would you expect from a wannabe friend. But, unlike most wannabe friends, he wanted to know Nicks sexuality, if Nick was at all interested in him, if not, how far Nick wanted to take this friendship slash relationship. 

     The curly boy picked up his phone from beside him on the couch, swiped up to unlock it, and opened his and Nick's instagram chat. Charlie scrolled through the messages, reminiscing about the memories, even though they were literally texting about two hours ago. He stopped at the text where Nick fully blurted all his necessary facts. 

----

     Nick

I'm Nick Nelson, 19 yrs old, from Dewlsbry. I like rugby a lot and wanna be a professional player when I'm older. My mates and I quit uni cos we were bored and wanted to have fun in life. Probs not the best idea ever, but we are having fun. I've got two dogs Nellie and Henry and I live with my mum.

----

     Charlie re-read it over and over again, his eyes scanning across each word effortlessly as he painted an image of, Nick Nelson, running around a rugby pitch, with a tight shirt on, sweaty hair, playing by far one of the hottest sports to ever be played, in his mind. The thought simply made his eyelids droop and a unintentional smile curl his lips. An admiring look was hugely evident on his face. 

     Whoa Charlie, take a step back, you barely know the guy.

     He broke from his slightly horny trance, and tapped on the type bar. He put a lot of thought into what to say and deleted a lot of draft messages, before realising that he was frankly overthinking this and sent a short but effective conversation starter.

     Charlie

Hi! Sry about earlier my sister needed something

     Nick

All good. I was actually wondering

     Charlies felt a pang of excitement in his chest that followed through to the rest of his body. Was Nick about to ask him out or something? Should he of really prepared for this more? He was not prepared!

     Nick

typing...

     He was watching timidly as the three dots bobbed up and down, exposing an extreme sense of suspense for the Truham boy.

     Nick

typing...

     You would think that in a situation like this you could not be more impatient, but in reality, when your new romantic interest is typing, you can not help but feel understanding and care and love for them whilst you wait. You feel as though, if you're not patient, then your feelings aren't authentic and real enough.

     Nick

typing...

     Dot dot dot.

     Dot dot dot.

     Dot dot dot.

     Nick

Do you wanna maybe hang out sometime?

__________________________________

a/n

I know. It's really short.

But I'm exited for Nick's chapter.

Also, the tension is high up in here.

Next chapter should be tonight or tomorrow?! 

-Ollie