Chapter 19

*Sophia's POV*

After my very rude awakening this morning, I had no idea where Dante had gone off to. It had been almost 13 hours since this morning and I haven't heard a single word from him. Naturally, I was worried, but I also knew better by now to know that Dante does what Dante wants. And no person is going to change that.

Not even me.

So, I ended up spending the whole day with George and getting to know him better. So far, I've learned that he's an only child, used to compete in swim meets in high school and that he has way too many exes.

"Okay, uhm...2 words? Eating? No. Uhm...hungry? Oh! Oh! Cold! Cold...shiver? Shivering? Ugh come on George give me an easy one !"

"It's ice cream."

I jumped at Dante's authoritative voice as I turned around to see him behind me.

"He's right," George answered in distaste throwing the card on the table.

"Charades? Really? " Dante asked.

"Well, someone had to keep your wife company after you up and left this morning."

"Hey, watch it," Dante warned.

"Or what? You don't seem to care about her. " George instigated as he rose to his feet poking at Dante's chest.

"I'm warning you, George."

"To be honest, I don't know why you would abandon her for 13 hours. She's really fun to be around. "

"George." I tried to interject but it was like I was invisible and they only saw and heard each other.

"You know, she gives really good massages. "

"Dante, I never even -" I tried to explain but I was yet again silenced by one of them.

"And she also smells really, really good. Not even to mention after we had our swim together she-"

George's body hitting the glass table and making it shatter into a million pieces made me jump, as I watched Dante throw punch after punch.

"Don't you talk about her like that!" Dante's voice boomed as I tried to pull him off George to no success. I watched helplessly as George tried to fight back but Dante was too strong. I could tell he had held back a lot of rage towards George and he was finally getting it out of his system.

"Dante, please !" I begged. I was crying at this point, but it felt like my cries fell on deaf ears.

"Hey, woah! Come on man! Get off !" A tall gentleman appeared out of nowhere and started pulling Dante off George.

"Get your hands off of me Lincoln! Stop it !" Dante struggled in what I now realise as Lincoln's arms.

"You got to cool off. Calm down." Lincoln instructed as he pulled Dante towards the chair sitting him down.

I looked over at Dante breathing heavily looking as if he could go for round 2 at any given moment. And then I glanced over at George coughing up blood, having bruises all over his face making him almost unrecognisable. I was conflicted about who to go to.

But I knew I had to choose Dante no matter what...

As I walked past George in the direction of Dante, I turned towards George and said; "You need to leave. Right now. " As I watched him spit more blood on the carpet.

"Thank you." I thanked Lincoln as he continued to hold Dante down against the chair.

"You're just lucky Dante forgot his phone this morning at my house," Lincoln replied as I smiled a soft smile before placing my hand over Dante's clenched fist and feeling the blood underneath my fingertips.

"Come on, I'll get you cleaned up," I said as Lincoln let go of Dante and walked him upstairs with me.