Epilogue

*5 years later*

So much has happened the last 5 years. I'm still struggling to wrap my head around it all.

The first client I signed , eco beau-tea was an absolute hit. It took off almost overnight and made the company millions in revenue. So it was safe to say that I was starting to come around on the whole running a business thing.

Today, exactly 4 years ago we welcomed our first born into the world. Easton Wilder Huxley. And just a few months back we welcomed our second addition to the family. Dakota James Huxley. Giving me a 5 year old and a 3 month old.

My two boys.

I loved my boys very much.

"What are you thinking so deeply about?" Dante asked appearing behind me.

"You. Us." I said in thought.

"All good things I hope." He joked walking over and facing me.

"Always."

"So, I was thinking, how about you grab Dakota after his nap and I'll get Easton from nanny and we'll all go the park together. Just the 4 of us." Dante suggested making a broad smile spread across my face.

"Yeah? That sounds lovely." I admitted getting up from my seat.

I'll admit, it's been a struggle juggling work life with mom life. It was a delicate balance that even after 5 years I haven't quite mastered it just yet. But Dante's been such a great help and so supportive. It's been nice seeing him grow into such a wonderful husband and a loving father.

After Easton was born, he had told me that he was scared he would turn into his father, being work obsessed and manipulative. But seeing him interact with the boys with such care and love, I had no doubt in my mind that he came nowhere close to being his father.

I could tell he loved being a father.

I sat on the park bench watching Dante kick the soccer ball around with Easton as I couldn't help but smile to myself.

So much has happend and so much has changed.

I thought that the thing I wanted most in life would be to meet my father, ask him all of the burning questions that I had. Finding out that I would never have that opportunity broke me. And then finding out I was the heir to a multi billion dollar company was an even bigger shock. I really had to be resilient the last 6 years of my life.

Learning how to be a wife, how to love, how to run a company, and now be a mother.

It's been a lot...

But I'm finally happy with the place I am in my life. Losses and all.

"He's a natural." Dante said jogging up to me.

"He is. It's strange though, I'm not very athletic." I joked as we watched Easton kick the ball around.

"You are so much more than that." Dante commented lovingly.

"And you...are...embarrassing me in public." I teased trying to hide the red tint on my cheeks.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll try again later in private." Dante whispered into my ear making me nearly drop Dakota as a shiver ran through my body.

"I...uhm...I think I'm going to check on Easton." I answered swiftly, getting up and walking towards him.

"What are you doing buddy?" I asked, watching his little feet try to catch the soccer ball.

"I'm trying to learn how to dribble." He replied with a focused frown.

"Alright, just be careful."

I watched as he ran after the ball, kicking it, trying to do who knows what. But atleast he was smiling, and he was having fun.

"Mommy look, I'm going to do a big kick." Easton called as I walked closer to have a better look watching him run and kick the ball right into a stranger's shin.

"Easton, oh my goodness !" I said rushing towards Easton grabbing the ball from a lady probably not far from her 50's.

"I'm sorry." Easton apologised to the lady as she only smiled handing him the ball back as I caught up with them.

"It's quite alright." The lady replied as Easton took the ball and ran back to Dante.

"I'm so sorry about him." I apologised meeting the lady's gaze for the first time as I watched her give a soft smile.

"It's fine. You always loved soccer too when you were little." And it's then that the familiarity in the lady's eyes struck a cord deep within me.

Cluthcing my hand over my mouth I said the last thing I ever thought I would "Mom?"

The end.