🕷️┆vampire, diluc x n.yn

Diluc x gender neutral reader , angst
Can a vampire and human truly stay together?

cw: death by suicide

˖ •*

Alone in my mansion, I await for my husband's return.

Diluc and I have been married for over 2 decades. And while he may be older than me - much older than, for the fact that he is a vampire ; his youth remains, as i grow older each passing year.

I sit alone in our big house, our big empty house.

My book is shut, and I am trying to keep negative thoughts away.

But that's nearly impossible.

My husband is near immortal, and I am but a human. I live so that I can die.

I'm left alone with thoughts, what will happen to him once I'm gone? Will he find another lover and forget all about me? Will he forget all that we shared all these years together ?

Will he forget the way he said my name?

Because I know that even in death, I will never forget him. Diluc is my sole purpose and I live and die for him.

My train of thought interrupted once he returns home, I ran into his arms, startling him quite a bit.

"My dear I missed you too" he hugged me ever so tightly, his gaze softening once he layed his eyes upon me "I missed you y/n." He repeats.

"I missed you too Diluc"

But me and him need to talk.

So i ask him to take a seat.

He gives me a worried look, but sits by my side, on the couch, nevertheless.

I explain

"Diluc im but a human, what's to happen when i die? I fear to leave you alone, but not as much as i fear you falling for another one and forget all about me. About our memories, my existence and ceasing to exist to you."

My words take him by suprise, I'm sure this isn't what he was expecting today.

But he takes them in nevertheless and processes what I'm saying.

That's a thing i love about Diluc.

Others don't understand him, but they don't need to anyway. He is my husband and i know how great and caring he is deep down - for me.

"First of all. It's a silly assumption that I'd ever forget you. In my 1000 years of being 'alive' , you were the first, and the only one i fell for y/n." He caressed my arm, my skin warming up at his touch and my cheeks flush "the answer is simple. If you die, i die."

I can't say I wasn't completely expecting this answer.

"But I don't want to grow old alone Diluc." I gasped in attempt to hold back a tear, last thing he needs right now is to see his lover sad "i want to grow old together with you. But if I'm the only one growing old, the only one getting weaker and uglier, there is nothing romantic about that to me."