36. 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝.

"Ah~ ... Now and then~ ...Now and then...~"

A soothing voice made its way to his ears. It sang a song he wasn't familiar with, but the voice...

How familiar.

"..."

He looked around.

A familiar bed, which made a few creaks as he sat on it. A familiar stuffed Tanuki, clearly worn out due to its age, and due the amount of time it spent on this old room.

He looked around.

A window, the shattered glass barely holding onto the torn wood pieces that held all of it together. Outside, familiar green fields, which, no matter how much time passed, still stayed the same.

He looked around.

The door, which was built by his father, or so he was told, still stood firm, closing off the room from the rest of the house.

He was sure of it, now.

This was his old home.

"...What... happened...?"

Y/N spoke to no one, as the cold air inside the room grazed against his skin, a soft feeling of warmness coming from the blanket he had been covering his body with.

It wasn't a dream or anything.

He could see Dragon's Frostbite inside its scabbard, not too far from his bed, after all.

"..."

He stood quiet, as he noticed an unfamiliar feeling in his hands.

Or rather, the lack of.

"...My... hand..."

He brought his right arm up, revealing the well-treated injury, now covered with many bandages, as he noticed many more bandages around his body. However, that only made him feel distressed, uneasy, and slightly terrified.

He had no right hand now.

The breaths that came out of his nose suddenly became much more unstable, with smaller amounts of oxygen rushing to his lungs. He panicked, much more, as his heartbeat quickened, the feeling of dread as he looked at his own arm only grew as he felt as if he was about to vomit.

Sure, it had been his choice.

Sure, it could've been much worse, who knows? It could've been two hands.

But it didn't make him feel any better.

It didn't get better.

After noticing his internal panic, he reminded himself to breathe normally, taking deep breaths to calm his own heart.

The voice, which was still singing that same unfamiliar song, was soothing, and calmed him down, as it was the only thing he could hear aside from his own heartbeats.

"...Who... Who is it...?"

Struggling to breathe properly, he stood up, limping, and walked to the door of his room. He opened it, grabbing the attention of whoever was outside, as they stopped singing.

"Oh? Seems I'll have to make lunch for two today."

The voice spoke, now normally, as he looked at the kitchen. The smell of food being cooked filled his nose, as he immediately recognized who stood making such food.

"...What... Why here...?"

He looked at the pink-haired woman. For once, she wore rather normal clothes, holding a spoon. For some reason, the sight was slightly disturbing, as he could never imagine the Guuji Yae doing something like that.