Chapter 14 - Dinner for Four

Chapter 14

William's POV

Me and Ace drove to my cousin's school to fetch him. As we arrived at the place, we parked the car first and then went to him. We saw Stefan holding his phone while standing and waiting for us at the gate of their school. We then ran to approach him.

As we were talking to Stefan, my gaze turned to the girl who walked at the path towards the gate. Me and the girl made eye contact but she looked away a few seconds after our eyes met. Looking at her figure and hairstyle, I recognized her immediately. So it is true! Mia and Stefan go to the same university.

As she got closer to the gate, she saw us and steal some glances. She was about to walk further, but Ace recognized her and called her out.

She bowed and waved at us, so we waved back at her. I saw Ace going closer to her and bent down to tie her shoelace. What a good friendship they have. But why do I feel jealous? Nah, this is so not me.

They talked and then she turned to look at my cousin. I then asked her,

"I guess you already met my cousin?"

I can see her change her reaction as she heard what I said. What's wrong?

"Oh, uh... h-hi," she said while stuttering. Don't tell me -
"Hi," my cousin said with his husky voice.
"This is Mark Stefan Hopper, my cousin," I said while pointing at my cousin. He then extended his hand.
"I'm Mia," she cutted before I could say anything, while taking his hand for a shake.

We talked for about a few minutes. Well, Mia is still with us and we didn't let her leave yet. I heard my stomach growl and asked them to join me for dinner. Mia was hesitant at first but she was convinced by Ace.

──⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

Mia's POV

William invited us for dinner. I was a bit hesitant at first but Ace pleased me with his puppy eyes. I missed this side of him.

We went inside William's car. It is so damn shiny and beautiful. The black car with crimson red-colored seats inside. As I sat on the seat, I felt the coldness of the air conditioner. William sat on the driver's seat, Stefan sat on the passenger seat, while both me and Ace sat at the back seat.

As we arrived at the restaurant, we immediately headed inside. We found a place to sit and then we settled on that place. The waiter came to us and handed us the menu. We told him our orders and he took the menu back before he went to prepare our orders.

──⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

As our orders arrived, we then started eating. They started chatting and I just sat there quietly, enjoying the food. It feels so awkward since I am not close to them. As I was about to feed a piece of steak into my mouth, Ace spoke and engaged me in their conversation.

Ace and I shared our past moments and memories and told them about it. We also told them how Ace and I accidentally met in the town square. William was shocked when he heard it. He scoffed and looked at Ace, "Is that why he's late when we waited for him?"

"No, It was just that I bumped into her while I was running on my way back to our van," Ace defended himself.

We continued chatting and chatting while we ate our dinner. As I looked at the front, I saw Stefan being awkward to us. Is he that shy? But, he doesn't seem very shy when he's at our university. 'How weird,' I thought. Or maybe he is just shy because I am here? Gosh, it made me overthink too much.

"Hey, are you okay?" I cut off my thoughts as I heard Ace speak. He may have noticed that I was spacing out so he checked if I was okay.

"I-I just thought about something," I said, turning my head down.
"Mind telling us what's it all about?" William asked while looking at me.
"U-uh, I was just wondering whether or not is it just a coincidence that we are this close to each other?" I said, interrogatively.
"Eh?" I heard Ace commented.
"Well, I mean... You guys are superstars but I'm just a fan. I just feel overwhelmed by that thought,"
"Don't be. I just want to be friends with you, as you and Ace were already close back then," William said, making me smile a little.
"He's right. Don't let our status hinder us from being friends," Ace expressed as he pats my shoulders.

──⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

As we finished eating, William ordered a wine to celebrate. I wonder what that celebration is for?

As the wine was handed to our table, William immediately took it and poured it to each of the glasses. As he was done pouring the wine, we made a toast.

"This will be the beginning of our friendship," William gladly said.
"Soon, I'll invite Ethan and Francis to come with us," he added.

We each drink our wine. After that we all went home. William insisted that they would send me home so I just let them.

As I arrived home, I got out of the car and thanked them. We all waved goodbye to each other before they went off. I immediately went inside the house. I noticed that the house is so quiet so I guess mom is already asleep.

With that, I went to my bedroom to change. After I was done, I checked the time and it shook me. It is already 9 pm.

Feeling so tired, I decided to go to bed early. But, as I tucked in my bed, another thought came to my mind. I've never expected this to happen. Me and my bias being close is one of my dreams that came true. It was so hard to digest all the moments we shared earlier.

Shrugging off my thoughts, I slowly closed my eyes as I let my tiredness take over.

__________________________________

The 14th chapter is done! Stay tuned for more updates!