Chapter 3

Recommend listening to Gretel by Alex g

Drews Pov:

My ears ringing my body shaking. David had jumped in front and saved my life. "D-DAVID!" I screamed.

"How could you-"I started but got cut off by my Mother.

"Oh shut it brat," she put the gun back next to her waist. Her eyes were filled with rage and a huge snarl across her face. Her jaw clenched as she reached for this vase that was by her right side. She raised it and threw it at me.

I slouched over my bleeding brothers body to protect him from the shards. The woman in black took a large sharp shard of the broken vase and ran it across from my right shoulder blade down to my hip on the left side.

I screamed in agony, my vision going in and out as stars filled into what I could see. I heard sirens nearby, they were going to save us. The last thing I saw was my Father make an act by 'crying' acting all shocked. Then...I fell unconscious, my arms still wrapped around my older brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a hospital bed, a light blue gown wrapped on me, my brother was in the bed across from me, his eyes closed. Then I felt a tug at my sheets, it was Sarah, her head resting on her arms on the edge of the mattress.

Her parents on the other side of the room sitting in some dark grey chairs. Sarah slowly stirred gasping, "DREW!! You're awake!!" she beamed, looking up at me. She quickly ran over to her parents shaking them awake.

"W-what happened?" I asked, my back felt horrible and I had  terrible headache. Her parents awoke and looked at me, sincerely. "Andrew..." Sarah's mom had begun, I cringed at the name because that's what they would call me.

"Andrew, your mother has been arrested for attempted murder, child neglect, and child abuse. Your father is going to take custody of you because he was trying to protect you and your brother, your brother is in a coma, and you will be staying here a couple more days while everything is sorted out. Currently your Dad has gotten a lawyer and is making the changes which is why he isn't here at the moment."

I looked up at the older woman, eyes widening, my brother was in a coma... and my 'Dad' is going to be taking me? Didn't they know he was in on the child abuse as well? I kept my mouth shut, and just stared at the happy family.

"I know this is a lot to process, so we will be here supporting you as much as we can." Sarah's Dad said, reassuringly. I just slightly nodded my head, dumbfounded at everything that had happened.

Eventually time flew by and my Father had come to the hospital, "hey Andrew, it's time to go.." he stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "you will cooperate if you don't want to die."

I stood up from the hospital bed, my legs shaking a little as I haven't stood on them much. "We are transporting David to another hospital in Rosemeadow, because we are moving away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day of moving, I said my goodbyes to Sarah and her family, all my stuff packed in boxes and already at our new house. My brother in a hospital nearby our mansion and my Father told me he wouldn't be at home because he would rather work than see my face. I travelled alone on a plane and made it to Rosemeadow.

Honestly, I loved him almost never being at the house, it gave me more room to do whatever I wanted. I was still getting used to the mega mansion. I visited my brother often, he stayed in that coma, for a very long time. 

My Father also moved on quickly, marrying a new woman named Carol. Carol was a bitch, she just stood as when my Father was home he would beat me. 

The worst beating I've had from him was when he found out I still played the violin. He specifically said "boys who play violin are faggots, and no son of mine will be a fag!"