Chapter 15

Drews Pov:

I wake up to a warm body against mine. Arms wrapped around my waist that connect in front of my belly button. My blinds are half closed letting only a few strands of light reach out and touch my face. The usual comforter on my bed slid off completely to the side and the only warmth was from the boy holding me. My eyes are tired and I slowly blink back to life.

I wiggle out of the boy's grasp, trying my best to not disturb him. My phone pings again with messages from Henry and Liam, which I ignore. I open my phone up with face ID and turn on my 'do not disturb'. Inside my closet I grabbed a dark gray towel and a change of clothes, including black basketball shorts and a plain white T-shirt.

The boy rustles in my bed and turns to the other side, towards me. Light grazes his cheeks and he looks peaceful while resting. I pick up a thin lighter blanket and drape it over his bulkier body. Then I make my way towards the bathroom with my towel and change of clothes.

I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes look lifeless, sore, and tinted red and violet around the edges. My hair sticks in multiple directions, it's tangled, and a mess. I hang the towel on the hook and strip, looking at myself with hatred. My body repulses me and I don't get how anyone could actually live with me in their lives.

I stop my negative thoughts and turn on the cold water. The water is rigid like bricks piling up on my hand, it feels sharp and harsh like rapid waves. It chills my hand and sends shivers throughout my body. I step in and draw the curtain across the rail. I ultimately refuse the hot water so no steam arises from the bottom of the shower.

Water runs over my body, the liquid fresh, cold and refreshing. I think back to the boy on my bed as I run my fingers through my hair. Knots and tangles coming loose. I dump shampoo into my hand and massage and knead it into my roots. It feels nice and I can't help but enjoy it.

I step right back underneath the showerhead and the soap runs down the back of my head and drips down into the drain. I take a comb that is laid on the side and brush out my magenta locks that curl under the moisture. I take one deep breath whilst my head is tilting back, water rinsing the top of my hairline.

The conditioner bottle is almost completely new and it flows out with ease. I cover my ends up to the middle of my hair with the conditioner that smells like marshmallows. It makes my hair feel like silk and it separates strands like butter. Then I rinse my hair again, getting rid of all the conditioner left and then brushing it out with the comb.

I finish my cold shower by taking a scrub and scrubbing my body with shower gel. When I step out of the shower I feel fresh and not cold at all as I dry myself out with my towel and shake my hair of any water left. I get into my change of clothes after I layer on some deodorant and step out of the bathroom. The boy with curly blonde hair sits straight up on my bed staring at my door.

The boy quickly looks away when we make eye contact. His side profile is very beautiful, his nose in a hook and his jawline sharp. I knew this boy well, he was my favorite person and I'm glad he's been by my side the past couple days.

"Jake.." I manage to croak out. He turns his attention back towards me, his hazel eyes staring into mine.

He shuffles over and pats the spot next to him, I take the spot he patted and lay my head on his shoulder. We sit there for a while until he speaks up, "Drew?"

"Yeah?.." my voice still sounds raspy but I don't care enough to clear my throat.

"You want me to make you some soup?"

"Mkay." We both got off the mattress and headed down, him in front of me because I took my time getting down. I rub my eyes from my sleepiness and go to make myself a cup of iced coffee. Then sit down as I watch Jake use his culinary skills to chop up different ingredients and throw them into a large pot of boiling water.