Chapter 10

recommend  Animals by Alex g

Jakes Pov:

The familiar ring of my alarm sounded multiple times as I hit snooze. I counted a total five times pressing snooze before I mustered up the strength to get out of bed. My legs wobbly and my hair a mess going in many different directions.

I walk over to my dresser and pull out some clothes before heading over to the washroom to take a quick rinse. I throw my clothes on and blow dry my hair out.

Yesterday was a bit scary, my mom is coming back later around when I come home from school. I never realized how tough my moms job was until today, like I had to make Milo a lunch and feed Oreo. How does she do it? Maybe she has super power...who knows.

I'm quick to grab my phone and plug in my earbuds, devouring my cereal. Today Drew should be back at school too. I've missed him a lot. Especially since we made up and have become friends again, I feel more connected to him, like our friendship is stronger than before.

I get up, moving my chair backwards with a screech and put my dishes in the dishwasher. I take the keys that dangled and shined on the hook and lock the door.

The air was a bit chilly and crisp. The smell of rain was still in the air from last nights downpour. My black bag swayed on my shoulder, earbuds stuffed into my ears as I enter the school. Rose Meadow High School was definitely one of the smaller schools.

Through the halls it was nice and breezy, some people stopped me to congratulate me on the competition from last Friday. My locker was a bright yellow with some more 'congrats' letters or notes stuffed into it. People sure know how to make a mess of someones locker here.

I turn my lock to the three numbers and yank it downwards, it pops with a click and I swing the metal door open. I grab my stuff and get ready for first period, in this class I sit next to Drew!

When I walk into the class there sitting in the desk beside mine is none other than Drew. He looks cute with his head turned to the side, sleeping peacefully atop an open notebook. I smile as I make my way over.

His head lifts with a soft smile on his face looking up at me while I pull out my plastic chair to sit down in. "Wow, guess who's back? Haha, it's like I haven't seen you in years!" I say.

"Pfttt yea, more like decades," we both let out a laugh. It was nice seeing him smile and laugh again. If he's happy...I'm happy, because I think...I think I love Drew.

I snap back to reality as the loud bell rings, I jump in my seat and look at Drew. Drew had seen me jump and get spooked and was containing a laugh. His face was extremely scrunched up and he was trying really hard to not cry-laugh.

"Shut. Up. Don't say a thing." I try to scowl at him but is just curls up into a smile and Drew bursts his eyes widening. We both let out loud laughs at the back of class, which made some heads turn, of course.

As soon as the teacher walked in however, we both shut up quickly.

Classes flew by and now it was lunch, I caught up with Henry and Liam and we actually sat down with the music club too. Looks like they're finally getting along, things might be looking up.

In the blink of an eye it was the end of the school day, I packed up my things and waved goodbye to Lia, Luke, Zander, Millie and Sean as I made my way towards Drews locker.

When I got there he was already closing his locker door and seemed pretty disgusted, he slammed the locker door harshly. "Jeez, what'd the door do to you?" I ask teasingly.

"It's Zoey again, she's being really...disgusting." I make an 'o' with my mouth.

"It's alright, she doesn't deserve you anyways," I place a hand on his shoulder and move it down to his upper back, lightly pushing us towards the exit. "My mom is getting released later today," he looks at me with a smile and nod of his head.

"That's good, is she gonna be alright?" Drew asks, concern lacing his voice.

"Mhm," I smile and look at him, we walk until the spot where we spilt to go to our different houses is.

I give him a surprising hug and squeeze tightly. "I'm glad we're ok," I say into his shoulder.

"Me too," we pull away, both my hands resting on his shoulders, I look into his eyes, they're like milk chocolate. I notice him look at my lips and he leans in.

What is he doing? Is he going to kiss me? Wait, Drew's gay? He likes me? Can I get Zoey disease from this? He's so close. His lips look so soft. Drews eyes are so dreamy. Can he kiss me already? WAIT, what if it's not a kiss? Am I about to make a fool of my self-

His lips press against mine, I can taste the mint gum he was chewing. His lips are soft like velvet, I didn't want this kiss to end but it did. Drew pulled away, looked at me with wide eyes, and ran towards his house. He's so cute.

Drews Pov: 

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I just kissed my crush, my first love, my everything. I don't even know if he liked it. Maybe I should ask if he wants to be my boyfriend. I don't know. I'm bad at love, hint hint...Zoey.

I mentally and then physically slap myself. WHY DID I RUN AWAY! What if he thinks that I don't like him, or I didn't like the kiss. The kiss was amazing, I still don't know what I was doing but I wanted to taste him on my lips again.

After a bit of speed walking, I make it to my house, it was completely empty as I threw myself onto my bed, a blushing mess.

God damn you, Jake. 

I feel a poke in my pocket and remember what's inside the pouch. Earlier in the day before Jake mocked me for slamming my locker I guess Zoey stuffed this photo into my locker. Now this photo was on another level of crazy and disgusting. On the photo, was Zoey...nude. Around her was a room full of pictures of me and things of mine that I thought I had lost.

What the fuck was wrong with Zoey.

Her name is like a slur, seeing her makes me want to vomit. My relationship with her was extremely toxic. I knew she was using me and cheating on me, I just needed a good reason to break up with her.

Zoey never treated me well, she practically forced me into bullying others because if I didn't...she would threaten to tell my father.

Zoey had forced herself on me before and I had been able to avoid it for the longest time. She would pull my hair and would take advantage of me. She would tell me she loved me one day then told me I was a weak bitch the next.

I'm thankful I mostly got away from the psychotic cheater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

authors note: hahahahaha first kiss :D also TYSMMMMMM ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE VOTED AND READ THIS AS WELL AS ADDED THIS TO UR READING LISTS TYSMMMMM IT MEANS A LOT also sorry for the short chapter, i wanted to write more but its like 4am now sooooooo...also im hungry. 1200+ words

ALSO WE HATE ZOEY