𝟗. ❙𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

❛ 𝑴𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑹 𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

❝ 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭. 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑺𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑨𝑰𝑫
𝒕. 𝒂. 𝒕. 𝒖.

❛ being with you has opened my eyes❜

        𝑊𝐼𝑇𝐻 𝑅𝑂𝑆𝐸𝑀𝐴𝑅𝑌'𝑆 𝐻𝐼𝑆𝑇𝑂𝑅𝑌 𝑂𝐹 insomnia and after what she went through last night, it made sense that she wouldn't be able to sleep, but last night was one of the best sleeps she's had in a long time. Rosemary had asked Tate to stay since she was scared to be alone after everything, which he obviously did. They spent hours talking to each other until they both fell asleep.

Now with the sun shining through her window and onto she and Tate's faces, her eyes opened. Rosemary had been awake for some time, but now she was taking this chance to admire Tate's features. She never noticed how truly peaceful this boy was, and god, did she like it.

Turns out, Tate was awake as well and he could feel her loving stare, so a small smile formed as he teased, "I can feel you staring at me."

"Shut up." Rosemary's face turned red immediately. She sat up on her bed and ran her hand through her messy hair as she tried to cover her flustered state.

"You like me." Tate said with a sing-song voice, but too a tired one. His voice was slightly raspy as his tired eyes never opened. She only ruffled the boy's hair before she stood up from her bed, still in his sweater. "I'll meet you in the courtyard."

Rosemary had left her room so she could go downstairs to check on her mom and sister. After last night, she needed to make sure that they were healing or at least dealing mentally with what had happened to them all. Her father, Ben, had also returned to the house, but she cared astronomically less about that.

As Rosemary walked into the kitchen, Violet was already sitting at the island with an almost finished bagel. Rosemary stood across the island and sent her sister a small smile, who returned it as she asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Rosemary reassured as she leaned against the counter behind her, but Violet did not believe her for a second. "Are you sure? I mean, you got taken away like that, we don't know what happened to you, and then you just showed up in a nurse's outfit."

"I'm okay, Violet. I mean, Tate kinda saved me, so...It could be worse." Rosemary shrugged her shoulders. Her older sister could see the glimmer in Rosemary's eyes when she mentioned Tate's name. Rosemary was very transparent. Violet could see the deep care that Rosemary may not even know she has for Tate. Violet has always known her sister quite well though. They had a strong and rare bond between sisters. They were each other's rock.