𝟏𝟑. ❙𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧

❛ 𝑴𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑹 𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑪𝑲 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵
𝒏𝒐𝒂𝒉 𝒌𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒏

❛ and i am terrified of weather 'cause i see you when it rains ❜

        𝑅𝑂𝑆𝐸𝑀𝐴𝑅𝑌 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐻𝐸𝑅 sister's room getting ready for her first official date with Tate. Only Violet knew about it, but then again, Violet is Rosemary's only friend. Rosemary had picked out an off shoulder, red laced top that hugged her waist and black jeans that flared at the bottom. She wanted her sister's opinion since she want to look her best.

There were no complaints from Violet, but there was curiosities. "I'm kinda surprised you and Tate are going out."

"Why's that?" Rosemary wondered as she was tying her Docs. Violet shrugged her shoulders from her spot on her bed. "You two just seem like the kind of people to never tell each other how you feel."

"Oh, trust me. We did that for a while." Rosemary laughed, standing up from the ground and  moving over to Violet's mirror so she could check her hair and makeup. She wanted to look absolutely perfect for Tate, like a fallen angel, but Tate found beauty within Rosemary no matter what she looked like.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy, even if your boyfriend's a psycho." Violet teased as she too got up from her bed and moved over to her sister, who defended, "He's not a psycho."

Violet leaned a hand on her vanity, sending her little sister a knowing glare. Considering Tate was in therapy with their father, Ben, for his psychotic desires and dreams, Violet was understandably worried about Rosemary going out with him. Although, she's always known Rosemary to be an odd-ball, so it wasn't too out of left field. Rosemary did give in. "Okay, he's not a complete psycho. But even if he was, look at him. With those eyes and that smile, I could look past him being a murderer."

"You're so weird. You guys are perfect for each other." Violet teased as she put her hands on her sister's shoulders and shook her slight with encouragement. Rosemary smiled before the two girls left the room. They were headed downstairs so that she could wait for Tate, but they were still conversing along the way. "So, when is he picking you up?"

"I actually don't know. He has a habit of just sort of showing up. And you're gonna cover for me, right?" Rosemary needed to clarify. Both girls knew that Vivien and Ben didn't want Rosemary to be in the same room as Tate let alone start dating him. Violet was wary of this boy too, but she had never seen Rosemary this happy. Even after their family began to fall apart, Rosemary seemed to be this dim light that couldn't shine as bright as the rest. Violet watched as her little sister's self worth wilted away, but her esteem skyrocketed once she met Tate. It was the first time Violet had genuinely seen her smile in years.

Violet was completely on board. "Yeah, of course I'm gonna-"

Violet cut herself off when they very suddenly saw Vivien and Ben rushing through the house. Vivien was in immense pain and could only walked with Ben's help, to which this obviously concerned the girls. "What's going on?"

"Stay here and don't answer the door." Ben ordered the two quickly, fumbling to actually get the front door open. Violet did see a flaw with that demand and pointed out, "Don't answer the door? It's Halloween."

The girls didn't get an answer, not even an acknowledgement. Vivien and Ben were out the door. Rosemary let out a breath, worried for her mother, but also confused by what they had just witnessed having not received any context. Violet did then turn to her sister, "I might not have to cover for you if they're not here."

Rosemary scoffed and nodded her head, seeing as how there was no point in lying to their parents. Rosemary could just leave. Violent went to the front door and locked it, but she too grabbed the bowl of candy that was sitting on the side table. She suggested, "Hey, since we can't open the door, when you get back, we should just binge eat all this Halloween candy and watch the Shining. Just like we used to."

"That would be great! but that means we have to make a blanket for too." Rosemary reminded, earning a nudge to the arm from Violet. "Obviously. I'll go get what we need."

Violet had gone back upstairs so she could go find the movie along with gathering different blankets and pillows. Violet and Rosemary used to do that every Halloween, it was a tradition, but as they got older, that tradition began to fade. Rosemary wanted to scare children at Halloween  while Violet had other friends she wanted to hang out with. They were both glad to return to happier times.

Rosemary moved to get her cigarettes from her hiding spot in the kitchen when there was suddenly a violent knock at the door. Rosemary cursed under her breath since it startled her slightly and the yelling from the other side of the door wasn't helping, "I WANT MY MONEY! I'm not leaving here 'til I have my thousand dollars!"

There was yet another violent knock at the door. Rosemary moved to the living room so she could see who was at the door without being seen. There was a man with half his body burnt still screaming at the door. "Hello?! Ben Harmon! I am not leaving here until I have my money!"

"Fucking weirdo." Rosemary muttered under her breath as she took her phone out of her pocket and called her dad. She never would have called Ben if she was in trouble, but since this random man was calling for him specifically, she thought it made sense. "What is it, honey?"

"There's some weird guy at our door screaming about money. I think he's one of your patients, but I don't know. Should I call the cops or something?" Rosemary asked, not sure what else to do in this situation, but Ben was incredibly adamant about keeping the police out of this matter. "No! No. Just...just keep the door closed. Is it locked?"

"Don't you think if the door was unlocked, this weirdo would walk in the house? Obviously it's locked." Rosemary snarked, which really wasn't necessary, but Ben knew that if he humoured it, it would only get worse, so he just ignored her comment. "We're going to the hospital, I don't know when we'll be back. Just keep the door locked."

Rosemary saw no point in actually responding, so she just hung up the phone and put it back in her pocket. Wanting to make sure that this guy couldn't get in the house, especially since Violet would be here alone soon, Rosemary took one of the chairs from the dining room and wedged it underneath the handle.

She did feel it necessary to warn her sister in case the man somehow got in, so Rosemary rushed up to her older sister's room. Her door was opened, so Rosemary knocked and leaned inside, "Vi, there's a crazy person at the door and dad's telling us not to unlock the door or go outside."

Violet knew her sister well, despite that information. "But you're still going on your date."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

❝ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. ❞

- 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘