𝟏𝟓. ❙𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞

❛ 𝑴𝑼𝑹𝑫𝑬𝑹 𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹, 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑳𝑫'𝑽𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹
𝒋𝒆𝒇𝒇 𝒃𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒚

❛ so i'll wait for you, love and i'll burn. will i ever see your sweet return ❜

        𝑅𝑂𝑆𝐸𝑀𝐴𝑅𝑌 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑇𝐴𝑇𝐸 𝐻𝐴𝐷 gotten back to her house where they immediately hid in her room. They knew that this was the safest place that they could be from that group of teenagers that were harassing Tate. Rosemary, however, was not a fan of the walk back and the lack of acknowledging what happened.

"So, are we just not gonna talk about what happened? Those guys obviously knew you, Tate." Rosemary pointed out as she put her new knife she had gotten from Tate in her bedside drawer whilst Tate defended himself, "But I don't know them."

"Then why do they hate you so much?" Tate did know them, what he had done to them, though his subconscious didn't. What happened in that school, it was tragic, but of course, if Rosemary knew what he had done, the lives he had taken too early, she would never want to speak with him let alone be with him.

"Th-they're just high school assholes. I mean, the world's full of 'em. It's popular kids who get off on being mean and cruel. I thought you understood that." Tate expressed as he stood behind her and put his hands on her arms, wanting her to look at him. Rosemary turned around and took his hands off her arms, holding them instead. "Tate, I get that you're probably freaked out, but-"

Rosemary was cut off when they heard someone yell Tate's name. Rosemary turned around and climbed across her bed to look out the window. There, she saw the same five teenagers standing on her front porch, waiting for Tate to show himself.

"For fuck's sake." Rosemary cursed under her breath. She moved over to her closet where she pulled out a small red box. When she opened it, Tate saw Rosemary pull out a small hand gun, which worried him insanely. "Rose, is that a gun?"

Rosemary didn't answer him. All she did was stuff the gun between her belt and jeans behind her back. She covered it with her sweater as Rosemary walked right by Tate. He wanted to follow her, protect her from the enraged teenagers outside, but he stayed a bit behind. The most he went to was to the stairs where he could see what was happening, but didn't get involved when Rosemary walked right outside. Stephanie immediately taunted, "Oh, great. He sends his little girlfriend out."

"This is private property, so get the fuck out before I call the cops." Rosemary warned. She was prepared to fight these five or even threaten to shoot one since they were only pissing her off. It seemed that ever since Rosemary met Tate, her anger problems had only worsened.

"Go ahead. Call them. You'll probably need them." Chloe pointed out, but Kyle scoffed and waved his hand. "Screw that. She deserves whatever happens to her."

"Yeah, she's like those lonely, fat chicks that marry guys on death row. You're deeply, deeply disturbed." Stephanie taunted as she put her hands on Rosemary's shoulders, just to be condescending. Rosemary shoved her off with force, not appreciating the unnecessary comments. "Would you guys just take your disgusting made-up faces and go home? You really didn't need to try so hard for Halloween, your regular faces are scary enough."

"Made up?" Kyle scoffed before Chloe made a point. "Home? Where is that? I'm an only child. After what happened, my parents split up, sold the house, moved away. No forwarding address. So I don't have a home."

"Boo-fucking-hoo." Rosemary rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear these sob stories when all these teenagers had done all night was harass she and Tate. Of course, she had no idea that they had every right to be doing so.

"Can you fix this?" Kyle asked as he pointed to the bullet wound in his head. "Can you give me back my scholarship to Georgia Tech? I'm supposed to be starting quarterback freshman year."

Chloe shook her head and scoffed. "She doesn't care. She's in love, and she'll do anything for him, including giving him her virginity. Tonight was the night, wasn't it?"

"What, you wanna watch, freak?" Rosemary teased as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Rosemary looked horrible in this light and from their perspective. They knew the truth about Tate, they knew what he had done. All Rosemary knew was that they hated him, she didn't know why. Had she known, morality would like to think Rosemary would hate him too.

"You stupid slut. She's worse than he is. She thinks it's okay what he did to us." Kevin spat, but every single vague comment was not helping Rosemary comprehend what was going on. "What did he do that's so horrible?"

"She doesn't know." Kevin tapped Kyle's arm, who was far more enraged by her ignorance. "How have you not heard about Westfield High?"

"I just moved here, jackass." Rosemary spat back, not fond of these teenagers doing nothing but insulting Tate and her intelligence. Stephanie shook her head at the girl as she paced around her. "Pick up a yearbook, bitch. Or read a newspaper. We're kind of famous."

"Shocking, the popular kids are whining about the fact that someone could give fuck all about who they are. Here's a newsflash, sweetheart, I don't care what you, Troy Bolton wannabe, pom-pom bitch, the grunge geek, or...fucking that guy want. Just leave." Rosemary motioned to Amir, whom she really had no grudge against. He hadn't said anything, but then again, he couldn't.

"Let's just put her down, out of her misery." Kyle threatened as he stepped towards the girl. Him getting that close and threatening her was too far for Tate. He emerged from the stairs and rushed outside, stepping between Tate and Kyle, pushing him back. "Leave her alone!"

"Finally! The prodigal son returns. We've got some questions for you, man." Kyle taunted as he held his arms out, adding theatrics to this high school reunion. Tate looked back at Rosemary and held her hand. "Go inside. I can handle this."

"Fuck that." Rosemary pulled her gun out of her belt and Tate immediately pushed her hand down. He didn't want her to escalate things, but he too had noticed how much her anger had worsened. Rosemary is a little too strong-willed.

"Wow, you two really are made for each other." Kevin scoffed, seeing the gun that Tate made her put away. Kevin still wanted to get under his skin. "Karma's a bitch, Tate."

"You want to talk to me? Let's see how fast you can run." Tate sprinted right off the porch. Those five teenagers ran right after Tate. Rosemary watched them sprint down the street after Tate, her running her hands through her hair, stressed. Rosemary cursed under her breath as she quickly took her phone out of her pocket to call 911, but before she actually could, her phone was ripped out of her hand.

"Come with me, now." Constance demanded, appearing quite dishevelled and a little rough. Rosemary grabbed her phone back from her, freaked out by this woman being so demanding, a woman she had met once before. "Leave me alone, you crazy bitch!"

"Addy is dead because of you."

❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭. ❞

- 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘