The voices from above

X's last words leave me stunned more than finding out who he really is. The only girl I wanted sitting on my lap tonight was you.

It replays in my head over and over making me blush more each time I think of it. He left my heart racing and it hasn't stopped since he left twenty minutes ago. I'm unpacking my bags and although I'm feeling on cloud nine, I'm also very frustrated at the same time for allowing myself to feel that way. I don't want to get involved with him, and although he says he and Adria are not a thing, she's got a very tight hold on him. I don't want to play with fire because I will get burned, it's not an if but when in this particular situation. I try my best to shrug off everything that happened tonight and once I'm done unpacking I change out of my dress and climb into bed. I keep my thoughts at bay and drift to sleep.

...

I wake up at eight and Steph is not in bed. I start to panic and grab my phone to text her.

Me: Hey Steph where are you?

Steph: Hey babe'll be down soon.

Thank god she's okay. I slept so soundly last night that I didn't even notice she never came home.

I get up and drag myself to the kitchen for some much-needed coffee. Mia comes out of her room rubbing her eyes. We greet each other and she sits in a chair across from me.

"Steph still not home?" she asks with a yawn.

I shake my head no "She had quite a night."

I furrow my brows in confusion. "what do you mean?" I ask.

"Well after you left she was just all over the place, but not like her usual drunk self and then she left with Julian."

I think long and hard and then the worst comes to my mind, was she drugged?

Before I have the chance to reply, Steph comes walking in the door still in her club attire with stilettos in hand.

She looks a mess, to say the least. Mia and I look at her and she says" What?"

"What happened to you last night? I looked for you everywhere." I say.

She scratches her head "Honestly, I don't even know. One minute I was with you drinking and the next I'm with Julian and woke up next to him this morning." she says.

She was totally drugged, she had to be.

How do I bring it up to her? She takes the granola bar out of my hand, takes a bite, and says "I'm going to bed".

Mia and I look at each other and shrug our shoulders. Mia gets up to get ready for work since she's now got another two nights to plan coming up.

After she leaves I sit on the couch and pull my phone out. I have a text from Chase.

Chase: hey Millie, is 7 tomorrow night okay? I can pick you up. any ideas on what you'd like to do?

I texted him back that 7 is fine and that he could choose since I don't know the area well enough. He agrees and I set my phone down.

I spend the rest of the day lounging and cleaning up the suite from last night's mess.

Steph has gotten up here and there but mostly hides away in the bedroom. At around 10 pm she comes out of the bedroom in jeans and a tight-cropped top.

"Hey, I'm going to go meet up with Julian for a bit," she says.

I raise my eyebrow at her "Oh really?" I say grinning.

"Shut up," she says smiling back.

"Well don't let me keep you," I say bringing my arm out and guiding to the door.

She walks by but turns around before leaving "I haven't forgotten about the conversation we still need to have about last night." she says and walks out the door.

The dreaded conversation I've been avoiding. I don't even want to talk about it because I know I'll just get lectured.

I walk into the bedroom and get ready for bed. I'm not all that tired yet so I decide to go out on the balcony that I have yet to see. I slide open the door and step out.

It's warm tonight with a nice breeze coming off the ocean. I'm looking out at the water when I hear something from above. It sounds like someone else is out of their balcony. I'm about to just head back in until I hear that it's X's voice. I can't hear all that well so I stay as quiet as possible knowing I shouldn't be eavesdropping but I can't help myself.

I wish I would've gone in because what I hear instead of talking is actually groaning. My stomach drops when I realize what is happening, he's in the middle of getting a blowjob. I have a million different emotions right now.

I then hear him say, "Just forget it!" in frustration.

"No baby...why don't you put that big dick in me, I've been dying for it since I've first seen it."

Penelope?

"No...you know I don't fuck anyone except Adria, quit playing stupid Penelope," he says in such a harsh tone it even embarrasses me for her, which is saying a lot given who it is.

I hear her plead "X, I just thought maybe..."

I hear a door slam above me and hear Penelope sigh in frustration and the door above opens and closes again.

What the actual fuck just happened?! Fuck this guy. His words from last night don't mean a single thing to me anymore. I'm so disgusted I can actually vomit right now. I feel so many different things but the strongest ones are pissed and hurt. I don't know why I feel hurt though. I never even kissed this man let alone had more than an hour alone with him yet here I am feeling a strain in my heart.

From here on out, he's dead to me. I will ride out the rest of my 31 days, leave and never fucking look back.