Beachy confrontations

POV
Millie

I turn to the girls who practically have their jaws to the sand.

"Oh. My. God, Millie! Tell us everything!" Alina exclaims, shaking my shoulders as if answers will just literally shake out of me.

Oh great...not this again...

I'm blushing and feel my face warming up more by the second.

"Millie!" Ellie says, "c'mon, c'mon."

"What do you want to know?" I say being overpowered by them.

"My girl?!" Mia asks intrigued.

"Are you guys in a relationship?" Steph asks almost in a more worried way, emerging from the group.

"No," I say shaking my head and she furrows her eyebrows.

She's not happy about any of this and I understand.

"Have you guys, ya know...?" Ellie asks not paying attention to Steph's differing demeanor.

I nod my head, feeling bad that I haven't even told Steph about it first.

Steph's eyebrows shoot up in surprise, and then back down.

"Let's talk about something else," I suggest.

"Oh come on! It was just getting good!" Alina pouts.

Steph walks away to the shoreline and sits cross-legged, I follow behind her.

"What's with Steph? She's got the second hottest guy in the house.." I hear Ellie say from a distance behind.

I roll my eyes even though they can't see and sit next to Steph.

"I'm sorry Steph," I say sincerely.

"For what Millie?" She asks with attitude.

"I don't know, everything?" I say feeling awful.

She shakes her blonde head, "whatever."

"Steph c'mon..." I say, but before I can continue she cuts me off.

"No Millie, don't c'mon Steph me, you were supposed to stay with me, keep to yourself, and when the time came, you move into your new apartment, but no, you completely ignored all of my requests, got involved, and screwed the most powerful, dangerous man in the county of California, not to mention the other powerhouses, Adria and whoever else isn't happy about the two of you fooling around and playing house. You're playing with fire Millie...don't say I didn't warn you." She says enraged.

Wow she really just let me have it, I feel so dumb right now, she's never spoken to me like this before.

" I love him Steph," I say quietly, that's all I could say to her for her to understand just a sliver. She knows I don't just throw that word around like nothing.

"Oh god, no Millie," she says, and I can't figure out the demeanor behind her words.

"Why him Emily?" She asks, great.. my real name again.

"I wish it wasn't Steph," I say meaning it. I wish I hadn't fallen in love with him, that I could've just fallen for someone a lot..safer, in many ways.

She rests her head on my shoulder and I lay mine on hers and we watch the waves crash onto the shore. She has calmed down significantly at this point.

"You're fucked Millie," she says matter of fact.

"I know Steph, I know," I say full of agreement.