X

POV
X

I'm in the penthouse with Julian shootin' the shit and gradually getting ready for tonight, even though it's the last thing I feel like doing.

I drank way too much last and stupidly fucked Adria for probably forty-five minutes unable to come, that is until I started imagining it was her.

I haven't been able to get Millie out of my head for the past week. I don't know what it is about her but I feel like a teenage boy with a crush.

This isn't like me and I hate it. As much as I want this girl to stay in my house, I want her out just as much for the sole purpose of fucking with my mind unintentionally.

I woke up with a massive hangover this morning so I slept most of the day but that won't stop me from drinking just as much tonight, I'm so overworked right now and I need an escape.

I walk out on my balcony and sit on one of the chairs. I grab my joint and light it up, I need a mental escape.

I'm not escaped though, because within just minutes of sitting out here, I'm reminded of Millie hearing Penelope give me an unsuccessful blow job a couple of nights ago.

I didn't come that night and was beyond frustrated, hence Millie hearing us.

I fucked up.

I go back inside and Julian is sitting at the island in my kitchen drinking some brandy and on the phone with Marco from Spain.

Marco is one of our international partners and although he's a partner, he's almost just as much an enemy at times.

We're working on a deal with our potential partners in Colombia and the drug lord is making me jump through hoops to seal the deal, but I'll do whatever it takes to partner up with them.

Julian will probably be on the phone for a while so I decide to hop in the shower and let him do his thing.

Millie takes over my thoughts the whole time I'm showering and it infuriates me that she didn't text me back last night.

Who the fuck was that Chase prick?

I'm going to have to have Ray, my private investigator look into him for me.

Does she like this guy? She must, she said they dated in the past.

Fuck...what am I doing? I need to stop with these girly thoughts already.

I get out of the shower and pick out some jeans, a black fitted t-shirt, and my go-to black zip-up hoodie.

l wonder if Millie still has my hoodie from Tuesday night or if she spit on it and burned it.

I take out the Glock from my bedstand drawer and put it in the back of my pants covering it with my hoodie. I take my switchblade out too and clip it into the pocket of my jeans.

Once I'm dressed, I go back into the bathroom and run a little product through my hair, and head back out to Julian. He's off the phone now and I ask for an update.

"It went as expected, we have to go to Madrid tomorrow afternoon."

I don't really want to head back there right now but it's part of the job and what needs to be done, needs to be done.

"Speaking of travel..." I say

"What's going on with you and Stephanie?" I ask and he chuckles taking a sip of his brandy.

He shrugs his shoulders "We're having fun."

I don't believe him for a second, the asshole has caught feelings and it's plain as day.