Only you

POV
Millie

I arrive at Barney's a few minutes after eight o'clock, the parking lot is pretty full for a Wednesday night. I walk the distance of the parking lot and make it to the front door.

The place is filled with people, mostly around my age from what I can tell. I scan the room for Chase, after a minute or so, I see the back of his head, he's sitting at the bar. I try to squeeze through people, careful not to knock the drinks out of their hands. The music is loud but not blaring like X's club. There is currently a band playing on the opposite side of the room. I reach Chase and sit on the dark brown barstool beside him. He's looking pretty casual tonight, his hair is not done as perfectly as usual, in a good way, and he's wearing a plain navy blue shirt and jeans. I think I like this look more on him than his regular stiff appearance. He looks me in my eyes first, and then up and down.

"Wow, hey Millie, you look great! Thanks for coming," he says over the band currently playing an old 80's cover.

"Of course! And thank you! Not looking too bad yourself. Seems to be the place to be tonight huh?" I say while extending my arm to the crowd.

"What time does your friend play?" I ask.

"8:30, should be on after them," he says pointing to the band.

"What do you want to drink?" He asks me.

"Ya know? I think I'll just take a beer, whatever you're drinking right now is good with me." I tell him.

He flags the bartender over, who is a very attractive man with blonde hair, he looks like he just walked off the beach from surfing all day, but he's no X.

Chase orders me the same beer he's currently drinking and the bartender hands it to me and smiles. I reciprocate the smile and look away because I know I'm blushing. I turn back to Chase, who is people-watching right now.

"So, who's your friend we're here to see?" I ask him.

"Tate, he's a friend of mine from the office." He says. We sip at our beer and watch the band play, waiting for Tate's band to come on.

...

We leave the bar to get closer to the stage when the band we came here to see starts setting up.

Tate is a guitarist, I can definitely see how he and Chase are friends, he's the most put-together one of the whole band, he's wearing jeans with a gray blazer, and thick black flamed glasses, but at the same time, he's handsome.

A blonde woman, who almost resembles Carrie Underwood, is placing a microphone in a stand. Chase hasn't taken his eyes off of her since she entered the stage. I get the feeling someone has got a little crush brewing.

Once the band is set up, they start playing and they're actually quite good. Chase's friend has surprised me by a long shot, he's a total natural on the guitar. The singer, whom Chase still hasn't unglued his eyes from, has a raspy edge to her voice and is killing it.

After about 20 minutes of them playing, I'm getting overheated by the amount of people crowding around the stage.

"Hey! I'm going to sit at the bar for a few to cool off, want me to get you another beer?" I yell over the music to Chase.

"No thanks!" He says not even looking at me.

I squeeze through people, shifting my shoulders from side to side to fit through a pack of people, and finally get back to the bar. I sit back in my original seat and the cool leather from the chair feels good on my legs. The surfer bartender walks up to me from behind the bar with a white rag in his hand wiping up a wet spot near me.

"What can I get you beautiful?" He asks me and I've got to be cherry red now.

"She'll take a brandy, and don't fucking flirt with my girl, she's not interested. Get me one too."

What. The. Fuck.

I turn around and X is there standing behind me way too close for comfort. In just an instant my mind is filled with a ridiculous amount of thoughts.

First and foremost, I'm humiliated. That poor bartender, who has now walked away to follow X's demands has just taken a punch to his ego just by the look on his face.

Secondly, his girl? Why did he just say that? He made it clear last night that I was anything but that.

And last but not least, why does he have to look like an actual god right now when all I want to do is slap him? He's in a fitted white t-shirt showcasing the ink on his arms, black jeans, and a silver watch on his wrist. I can't look at him for a second longer without becoming weak, so I turn back around.

"What are you doing here, X?" I ask like he's not affecting me.

"Let's go," he says sternly.

"No. How did you even find me?" I ask still not facing him.

He leans his body up to my back causing the hairs on the back of my neck to rise from the feel of his hard body.

"You know I have my ways, baby," he says into my ear and licks the lobe causing a shiver in response.

"Now let's go," he says again.

I shake my head, he may be the boss of many people, but he's not the boss of me.

"No, I'll go when I want to," I say confidently.

The poor bartender sets our drinks in front of us and I give him a sympathetic smile before he walks away tending to others.

"Don't you have to go fuck Adria or something?" I ask all pissy.

X reaches his arm around me brushing up against me in a seductive way to grab his brandy. He knows what he's doing and the effect he's having on me right now. He takes the glass to his lips and pours the whole thing back while I watch.

He grabs the barstool seat and swivels it so I'm facing him, takes his hand placing it firmly at the back of my neck, and pulls me into an intoxicating kiss. He pulls back leaving the taste of liquor on my tongue, his green eyes search mine for a second before saying

"The only one I want to fuck right now, is you."