Lets try this again

POV
Millie

The texts are just rolling in now, but I choose to ignore them. If I go up to the penthouse right now, we'll probably just argue and he'll make me feel even dumber than I already do right now.

I know I can't avoid him forever because he'll probably knock down the door demanding me to come back up, but for now, I just want to be anywhere but near him. I read the new text that comes in from X,

I know I fucked up, please come up here.

I guess at least he feels bad? It doesn't change the hurt I feel though. Another text comes through, but this time it's not from X, it's from Chase.

Chase: Hey Millie, think you can get away for a couple of hours tomorrow night? One of my buddies is in a band playing at a bar about 10 minutes from where you're staying, thought it'd be nice to meet up and also bring someone to support my friend.

Chase has a friend in a band? I'm actually surprised by that considering he's quite a conservative person. I text him back.

Me: Sure! That'd be great! How about I meet you there?

The last thing I need is another stare-down or yelling match if X were to see him pull up here again.

Chase: Cool. 8 pm at Barney's, it's on River Road.

I reply back with

Me: Sounds good!

It'll be nice to get out of the house for a bit and just let loose with someone I trust, it's not that I don't trust Steph, but she can't always come to my rescue while I'm here and I get that.

...

I've spent most of this Wednesday just hanging around the suite trying to stay busy so I don't overthink last night's events. I've already showered, I just need to do my hair and makeup for tonight. Steph comes into the room

"Hey girl, what are you doing?" She asks almost accusingly.

"Just looking for something to wear tonight, I'm going out with Chase," I mumble while pulling shirt after shirt out of the closet.

"No, like what are you doing here? I heard X is back, why aren't you with him?" She asks.

I never told her about my run-in with Adria and Penelope nor X.  I don't want to get into any of it right now so I lie to her "He's just working a lot I guess" I say shrugging my shoulders, I feel bad lying to her.

"You sure? You seem a little off today.." she says reading me like a book.

Why does she have to know me so well?

"Yeah I'm sure, can you help me find something to wear?" I say trying to change the subject.

"Okay, okay," she says with her hands up in surrender.

We decide on black denim shorts with rips throughout the pockets and some on the bottom with a tight full lace shirt with a black shirt underneath it, wouldn't make that mistake again...

My cleavage is looking on point, but not overdone. I curl my hair and brushed it out for a soft beachy look.  With my makeup, I do a metallic Smokey eye and a dark red lip.

....

It's 7:40 pm now, I steal one of Steph's purses and put it over my shoulder. I say my goodbyes to Steph and Mia who are lounging on the couch watching trash TV, secretly wishing I could join in, "Use protection!" Steph yells out before I leave, I don't even reply to her ridiculous request I just close the door behind me.

I walk down the hall towards the elevator and pray to the good lord that I don't run into anyone on my way out.

Luckily, I don't have a run-in with anyone, I walk down the outdoor staircase and watch the water rise and fall from the fountain that is lit up blue tonight. I feel a little bit of sadness because it reminds me of X, but it's such a beautiful fountain I don't want to look away. I make my way to my car, start it up, and pull out of the immaculate driveway making my way to Barney's.