Chapter 1 - Godric's Hollow

ignore the image for now

Emily was in bed, listening hard to her parents' argument down stairs. Even though there was a silencing charm on it, it was still easily heard. The actual words were not understandable, but Emily somehow knew it was about her. 

She climbed out of bed, grabbed her toy broom and went to the stairs. There was a big gate, from the floor to the ceiling to stop her from flying downstairs, but it opened as she came. She was a witch after all. Her parents didn't notice her flying down stairs, and sitting on the couch, hiding from view, but was still in the hearing range, to hear the argument. She was a very advanced for her age, as she can walk, understand everything, say a few words and fly on a broomstick, with the age of one.

Today was her first birthday, and it was supposed to be a happy one with both of her parents. Instead, it was rather gloomy, and only with her mother. Her father was at his best friends (James Potter) house, to visit his god son, Harry. He came back for dinner, and Cleo put Emily to bed, and then the argument started... "Why are you leaving us!? Again!" Cleo started angrily, "Because Harry, James and Lily need me!! My godson needs me!" Sirius replied just as angrily. "What about your bloody daughter, Sirius! You were always going to the Potters, Harry this, James that! What about us! You have a daughter, but you act like Harry is your and James' child. You don't give a fuck about her!"

"Because Harry needs me, James needs me! They have been stuck in their house for about year, and Voldemort wants to kill Harry! They need me!" Sirius shouted.

"AND WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING, FOR A YEAR TOO! WE HAVE BEEN STUCK INSIDE THIS HOUSE, MUCH LIKE THE POTTERS, ONLY YOU GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE HOUSES! YOU NEVER PAY ATTENTION TO EMILY, YOUR OWN BLOODY BLOOD! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY, SHE JUST BECAME ONE, AND THEN YOU JUST SAY, 'Harry needs me more than you two do'. WHAT IS BLOODY WRONG WITH YOU!" Cleo retorted, and Sirius wanted to reply, but Cleo intervened, "You have missed so much of your own daughter's life, her first steps, her first time on a broomstick, her first words, her first magical signs, her meeting Grandma Walburga, EVERYTHING! YOU MISSED EVERYTHING!! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME WHEN YOU PROPOSED, I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME WHEN I GOT PREGNANT! I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME AND EMILY. BUT NOW I KNOW BETTER... YOU, DON'T, GIVE, A, SH*T, ABOUT, US! ONLY ABOUT JAMES! YOU EVEN SHOW LESS LOVE TO EMILY THAT YOUR MOTHER DID TO YOU! AND THAT IT SAYING SOMETHING!" Cleo stopped, catching her breath.

"Don't make me choose between you two," Sirius said sternly.

"Why? Because you'd choose them, perhaps?! You are such a idiot Black!" Cleo scolded.

"Yes, because they are my bloody FAMILY!" Sirius screamed, and this brought tears to both Cleo and Emily. "I'm sorry..." Sirius said quietly, and he left the house. There was a pop, and he was gone... 

"I hate you, Sirius Black. I fucking hate you!" Cleo whispered, crying silently. Emily jumped of the couch and hugged her mother, but she could only reach her knees. "Daddy bwad!"  Emily told her mother. Not surprised in the slightest, Cleo whispered to her daughter, "I'm so sorry you had to hear that, now let's get you to bed..."

Emily got in her mother's arms and softly went to sleep. Cleo put her in bed, and went downstairs for some coffee. A few hours of crying on the couch later, Cleo heard a pop outside the door. Someone opened the door, and Cleo thought it was Sirius, coming to apologize, only, it wasn't... It was a stranger, with a cloak and a mask, without a split second of hesitation, Cleo whipped out her wand, and started to say a spell, but the stranger was faster, "Avada kedavra!", a green light streamed out of his wand, and Cleo hit the floor, dead.

Because nobody knew about Emily, he just exploded the house with a few expulsos and bombarbas. Emily just slept through it all. 

That night, a lot of things happened, including the death of James and Lily Potter, the 'defeat' of Voldemort, the murder of Cleo, he father being captured, and Emily being orphaned. 

2 hours after the murder of Cleo, a friend of her and Sirius came to check on them, only to be surprised, that their house was in ruins, and that he heard a cry from upstairs. They didn't have a child, at least, not that he knew of... He ran upstairs and was shocked to see a young child, who couldn't have been anymore than one, sitting in crib crying. Somehow, a teddy bear flew from the floor into her hands and she started sobbing into it. Noah had no second of hesitation as he scooped the child into his arms, and hugged her comfortably. As he comforted her he saw a book called, ' The Life of Emily August Black'. He put the Emily back into her crib and looked through the book. It was full of pictures about Emily. The first picture was when she was born, the date was 1980, October 31st. Exactly one year ago. Noah looked through the book and saw that all of the pictures where with Emily and Cleo, none with Sirius. This made him wonder, where was Sirius all that time?

After pondering for a few minutes about that thougth, a sob that escaped from the little girl's mouth brought him back to his senses.

He grabbed the girl, her book, and her teddy bear and disapparated to his own home. He put the little girl to sleep and told her that he would be back in a few minutes. In those minutes he went back and forth between the houses and brought most of her stuff that survived the attack to his house, and put it up in a free room, which would become her room. With a flick of his wand, the room was tidied up, and Emily's stuff was placed neatly in the cupboards and her crib was standing in neatly against the wall (see picture at the top).

He went to his own room, cradled Emily in his arms, and they went to sleep, both crying silently because of what had happened. One week later an old lady was in front of the door. "Hello Noah, is Emily here? I have been looking for her for a week..." she says in a rush.

"She is here, Walburga, no worries, she is fine, just a bit sad still..." Noah replies sadly, "Come on in, you might cheer her up.". Walburga stepped inside with haste, and Emily rushed to the door, and screamed, "Grwandmwa!" as she enveloped Walburga in a bear hug. Walburga chuckled and said that she had something to tell her. "Hi dear," she cooed, "I have something to tell you two. As you may know, Emily here is a Black, and the eldest Black child will be the heir to the Black fortune and estates, so me and Orion will put up a separate vault for her, as she is still a Black." Noah started to protest, but Walburga cut him short. "No protesting."

"Bwut Grwandmwa, what abwout Sirwius?" the fact that she didn't call him dad or father made both of the two adults burst into tears. This proved the fact that Sirius didn't love her as much as he should have... Emily looked at the two adults confused, not knowing why they were crying, so she brought them into a warm groups hug. Walburga told the duo that she had to go and sort out the vault and some other things, and she bid the duo goodbye.

A/N - I hope you liked it!