第十二章

Grunts and clangs of swords rang through the clouds as Dongmei got nearer to the top of the mountain, a wooden gate at the top of the path. The characters 'Sword Dance' glared down from an old weathered plaque. Dongmei smiled at the sight of the two boys fighting with each other, the white cloth of their clothing flowing around them.

The boys were like two dragons fighting with each other, seeming to dance around instead of full-on fighting. Dongmei watched in awe, the boys showing tremendous strength and restraint. Both boys suddenly stopped, sheathing their swords and bowing to each other. Rong said something and they both laughed as they walked over to Dongmei.

"Gongzhu." They bowed to the princess. Dongmei bowed back, her white hair spilling over her shoulder.

"May I?" I asked Cheung, placing my hand on my sword hilt. He grinned, nodding, drawing his sword. Dongmei smirked, drawing her sword, the blade glinting in the light. Bowing to the Young Master Lan, Dongmei faced Cheung, her sword aloft and sliding her feet into a defensive stance.

Lan Cheung strikes first, Dongmei meeting his sword with lightning-fast speed. She pivots as she pushes his sword away, dodging his next strike. Cheung struck on target, but Dongmei deflected it with the edge of her sword. Dancing past his next strike, Dongmei drew a seal in front of her, spinning around and flicking it towards the middle of Cheung's back.

Cheung spun around and blocked the spell, his qing appearing in front of him. Picking a few notes out, he played one loud note, knocking me back. Tightening her hand around her sword, Dongmei neared Cheung, blocking his strikes. Faking a left, Dongmei spun around, dancing around so that she was right behind him. She struck his chi points quickly and deliberately, Cheung, dropping his sword as if it was hot iron. 

Dongmei placed the sword edge against his neck, laughing before pulling away. "Music," Dongmei pointed to Cheung, "Chi," Dongmei pointed to herself, "And fighting." she pointed to Rong, who crossed his arms. "See, I told you it would be perfect." Both boys cleared their throats, looking away. Dongmei rolled her eyes and flicked her sleeves as she left them, showing her annoyance.

"Well, that got rid of her pretty quickly," Rong smirked at Dongmei's retreating figure. Cheung chuckled, crossing his arms.

"She has a point though." Rong shrugged, drawing his sword as Cheung did so too.