23. Girlfriend

Third Person POV :

"So, coming Friday it is?" He looked expectantly at Chanyeol sitting next to him. The later turned his head to look at his friend, nodding his head. "Yeah...but I am still afraid if our plan is gonna work well. I mean...can we really fool your father? He is Mr. Kim we are talking about. What if he suspects when I suddenly leave? What if he knows that I went for a desk job instead of a physical one after my job here. It doesn't fit my experience." He asks hesitantly.

"Don't worry....I will make sure he won't. Trust me. We just need to make it seem like I am pissed off at everything going on and I just took it on you. I will make sure he doesn't have any choice than to fire you. And... just tell him that you don't want to go against him someday by joining somewhere in this field. He will surely be flattered for your loyalty." The silver-haired man assured Chanyeol. "I hope it goes well." Chanyeol nodded with a sigh.

"It will. So you too make sure you succeed in your interview, hyung." Chanyeol paused for a minute at the way the younger addressed him. It's rare for the other to call him hyung. "Will my little brother be happy if I do?" He asks softly. Even a cruel or heartless person has some people dear to him whom he wants to see happy at any cost and these two friends feel the same for each other.

"Ofcourse, hyung. It's like two birds for one shot. It brings both of us closer to our goals."

Chanyeol melted at the smile the younger was giving him because it reached his eyes this time. He could say that the younger was genuinely happy anticipating the coming Friday. He decided he would do his best so that he wouldn't disappoint him.

"Also we are going to start executing our original plan today, hyung. It feels like everything is going to its place."

"Yes, it's going to shake your father to the core. Will you be okay? I won't be by your side anymore once I leave here and it keeps me worried."

"Do you think I am a pathetic weakling, Park?" The younger suddenly went into his dark mode but Chanyeol could see through him and know that it was all an act to appear tougher so he wouldn't worry.

Instead of replying Chanyeol handed him his mobile, more like showing a photo in it. He had been contemplating whether to bring this up or not. But he had to do it. "He is Min Yoongi, a detective...a cold case investigator strictly speaking... a diligent one at that." The younger was more than confused as to why Chanyeol was telling him about some detective, but before he asks anything the older cleared his confusion. "I am guessing he is investigating Taehyung's case, but off-the record."

"WHA-" The other male nearly shouted, but one anxious look from Chanyeol, he restrained himself from doing so after realising that they might be heard by his father's men. "What do you mean investigating Taehyung's case? How can they?...Did they just ignore our warning?" He grimaced at Chanyeol.

"Relax, we can sort this out. I've a plan to stop them...uhm...you may not like it, but it works."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll go and grab some popcorn. Do you both want something?" Hoseok got up from his seat, looking at the two males who had been cuddling each other throughout the whole movie that he himself picked. He considered and weighed all the things and selected a movie which doesn't have any violent or aggressive scenes in it. And it ended as a movie with family emotions flavoured with a little love story to it.

Jungkook joined them bringing Taehyung's hot chocolate with him and sat beside Taehyung and as if the most natural thing that he would do everyday, the younger snuggled closer to him and hugged him while his hands instantly wrapped themselves around the younger without the need for him to command them to do so.