Chapter 5 - The Comeback

~ Simran ~

"Your mother is a whore, Ruhi".

I toiled in rage to free myself from the ropes that were tying my hands and legs while Vivaan was sitting beside me with a winning smile in her eyes as my maternal uncle, Mr

I toiled in rage to free myself from the ropes that were tying my hands and legs while Vivaan was sitting beside me with a winning smile in her eyes as my maternal uncle, Mr. Ajay was expressing his hatred towards his sister.

"Don't say that about my mom, you creep".

I yelled loudly. I wasn't even scared of dying now, the fire crackered more intently as if following the anger that I was feeling toward everyone surrounding me.

"Why not? Don't you know that she cheated on your dad? But Karma made her vegetative for life for her bad deeds and brought you to this hell," He chuckled extremely amused with the outcomes of his schemes.

"Fuck off, you asshole. You are a monster yourself for forcing your sister's daughter to marry your son," I shouted to let him know that he didn't scare me anymore.

Next, my chin was squeezed but my eyes didn't waver a bit, there was just rage in them and a determination to give him a slow death.

My torn clothes were the proof of his son's inhumanity but being intact was the validation of my strength that had found me. I won't be marrying this son of shit at all as in my mind and heart, I am already married to Zander.

"Getting brave, aren't we?"

Ajay's evil eyes twinkled as he twisted my chin through his fingers.

"Listen, Ruhi. Ye shaadi to hoke rahegi, tum raazi ho ya na ho. Aur mai waada krta hun k mera beta tumhein uss angrez boyfriend se zayda ache se rakhega agar tum humara sath dogi toh, agar nhi diya to mere paas tumhari mom ko maarne ka bhi option hai".

[This marriage is going to happen whether you like it or not and don't worry my son will treat you exceptionally better than your British boyfriend so the most favorable option is to agree with us. If you didn't then I have the best option of finishing your mother too.]

I felt numb for several seconds as the pandit murmured the chants of nuptials hastily and told Vivaan to put his hand over mine as I just scooted away desperately.

"Don't move, Ruhi. This marriage will even happen over your dead body," Ajay held me tightly even when I was tied so properly with ropes.

"Please I don't want to marry him".

My strength gave up after realizing I had no escape from this at all. No one was going to help me here instead my life was turning into hell with each passing moment.

"Sweetie, marrying is your only escape right now".

Tears drenched my eyes while I desperately begged god to help me but with each sinking second I learned there was no salvation for those who don't help themselves.