Chapter 31 - The Deathly toxin

ZANDER

Deep down I knew my woman had many shades, I was aware since the moment I laid my eyes on her but I chose to be ignorant knowing I had nothing to do with her; It was unimaginable for me to have her as my wife at that time still I decided to have h...

Deep down I knew my woman had many shades, I was aware since the moment I laid my eyes on her but I chose to be ignorant knowing I had nothing to do with her; It was unimaginable for me to have her as my wife at that time still I decided to have her as mine as she was the only woman after my Ruhi who was able to reach inside the depths of my heart where I had never let anyone in willingly but she did despite my harshness and rudeness claiming proudly that she loved me, that she will always love me and I believed her instantly as both my heart and soul had already surrendered themselves to her.

Now, when she claimed that She was not my Simran; there was something that shook inside me and I didn't like it at all.

It's like I have been living like a lie till now, this ill feeling was disturbing.

"Who are you then?"

I asked her, to the woman who has again become my wife, she had no warmth in her eyes at the moment; her eyes were as cold as the weather outside but not to me but herself.

"Let me ask you, can you take the truth? Or are you going to blame me again?"

She asked me, her hands resting on my shoulders as if she was assuring herself that I wouldn't flinch after hearing her answer so I just stayed still and looked into her eyes; the same ones which have my heart and soul submitted to her.

"Simran, tell me whatever it is; I will be by your side even if it is hard for me but I will eventually come around to be with you because for me you are the life to my existence, I can not survive without you; I have lived like a corpse in your absence so I would like my heart to beat again with you by side," I crouched a little, my lips brushed against her tensed forehead that slowly melted against me as she throws her hands behind my neck and pressed herself intimately against my body which eased us both down, "Trust me, Simran. I want you to be my side forever so don't leave me ever again".

She sobbed against my chest, her hands clenching my shirt as she was crying uncontrollably as it was too much for her to say or bear right now.

"You won't hate me, would you?"

I slid my hand over her waist and shoved her chin gently at me.