Chapter 28 - His Desperation

ZANDER

"Zander!"

"My Zane!"

There was this familiar sound, a known scent and an intimate person who was charmingly calling me, her sweet voice was like an enchantment causing my whole body to respond positively even my eyes were responding to her sweet sound gestures. I fluttered my eyes to witness her, the woman who always owned my soul because I never even once forgot her, subconsciously she was always there watching me from afar.

"Ruhi, are you really here with me?".

I reached out to her but she just stepped back as if she didn't want me to even touch her shadow that hurt me beyond my imagination.

"You don't have to hang on to me anymore, my Zane. Didn't I say that now you have her, the woman of your heart and soul who is destined with you forever," She smiles brightly appearing like an angel without wings. .

Even now she looks ethereal more than before, it's maybe because she is in heaven and became an angel as she was when she was alive, everything about her is same; she is kind, beautiful and smart.

"I am sorry for falling in love again, I genuinely believed that I won't be able to fall for anyone else except you but--"

I didn't know how to express this feeling when I am feeling that I haven't even done anything wrong which is making me feel even more pathetic than before cause what I did only meant that I never had genuine love for Ruhi, that I easily moved on with Simran because I wasn't dedicated to her wholly.

"Zane, you had every right to be happy even before and even now. You loved me enough and now it's time for you to love Simran more cause she needs you more than you need her even if it means to subside your justified anger, just stay by her side and make her happy that's what I want and you should do as well," She smiled more brightly than before.

"I don't harbour any ill feelings because you moved on as Simran is a part of me so you were meant to fall for her whether you wanted or not".

"Ruhi?"

I felt puzzled, my mind was as blank as white canvas while I stare at her dumbly who suddenly took the form of her, my Simran wearing a pretty white gown with a magistis glow on her face that even goddess will envy her right now.

I instinctively leaned into her palm which was slowly caressing my cheek, her deep brown eyes were admiring me beautifully that I felt at peace, everything seemed beautiful to me now.

"My Zane, you need to find me".

She smiles but painfully as if she was in so much hurt that my heart ached terribly.

"Please find me as your future".

"SIMRAN?"

She disappeared right before my eyes, I felt so helpless that I even couldn't feel anything at all, it was as if she took my heart with her.

"SIMRAN?"

"PAPA?"

"Utho na PAPA!"