What the hell is boba

(I don't usually like doing this but modern au)

A ding comes to Vance's phone as he looks at it. He then instantly taps onto the message seeing as his girlfriend had texted him it was a link to a video with a cold drink on it maybe coffee? With blueberries at the bottom? The video saying "tag someone you want to get boba with" exiting the photo he then replies to this video saying "what the hell is boba" she responds with "what....." confused by the bland response he continues to do what he was doing before hand.

An hour later a ring to his doorbell catches him by surprise in the middle of his online pinball game he groans and gets up to go get it to see a stern y/n who barges I'm grabbing him taking him to his room "what the hell are you doing here y/n" he asks kind of alarmed "how the actual fuck do you not know what boba is ?"  He looks extremely confused as he talks back "i don't know I just don't fucking care for it " she gasps at him "omg I'm about to introduce you to boba we're going to get some right now" she says as she starts digging in his very gross closet to find an outfit for him as he looks at her wildly halting her before finding his own clothes and putting them on while she waits in his room. "Finally your out it took you so long" yeah he starts "says the girl who takes two hours to get ready for school" she rolls her eyes before saying " please shut up" as she grabs his arm so they can walk to a boba place.

"And here we are" she says as they walk into the boba shop the smell of brown sugar instantly invading their senses as the sight of all the choices and the most recent k pop song plays lightly in the air "can you hear the angels singing cause I can" a server by the name of lily giggles before saying "close but it's Mina from twice singing right now " laughs at her joke before looking at a confused Vance's face "this is where boba resides my dear vance"
He continues to blank stare her "okay but what the hell is it ?" Before y/n can go on a tangent that so obviously wouldn't help his understanding lily cut in " it's a drink originally made by the Taiwanese in the 80s it usually consists of tea milk and chewy sweet spheres made of tapioca flour most drinks are altered though with other toppings and flavors in replacement" she smiles finishing her explanation "you literally described that perfectly thank you" y/n says in astonishment "uhm okay then I guess I'll have some" he says still unsure about the drink "it's okay I'll order for you" y/n says before ordering a brown sugar boba tea for her and a milk chocolate boba for him "I'm just gonna get him something basic he's not really used to drinking anything but soda slushies and Red Bulls" she whispers to lily who giggles at her "really good choice" lily replies.

After a moment there drinks pop up and lily offer to record Vance's first time drinking it "why are you acting like it's a big deal it just a drink" y/n sighs before saying "it's not a drink it's THEE drink now drink it !"  Vance raises his eyebrows at her still not understanding the hype before doing the infamous straw pop and taking a sip. his pupils are blown as he accidentally let a sigh of content slip sudden y/n and lily starts jumping up and down together happy  "YAYYYY!!!" Y/n says excited "I knew he would like it!" Lily says just a equally hype. "It's not that good" Vance says trying to hide his smirk but it still slightly peaks through as his drink looks half way done already from his one sip "your cups say's a different story" y/n fired back. After finishing there drinks while y/n and lily are chatting as Vance is sneaking sips from y/n's drink they left to go hangout at his house.

A week later y/n walks in to this boba shop for her serotonin of the week to see Vance waiting their awkwardly trying to hold lily's conversation and eyeing the way she's making the drink hungrily  "Vance what the hell are you doing here?" Y/n says more than shocked. Vance's cheeks are a slight pink shade as he looks off to the side ashamed "Vance has also become a regular more than you almost" lily responds for him. Y/n gasps laughing at him "you fuck your obsessed. That means boba dates for the rest of our life Vance I hope you know that." He rolls his eyes at her "maybe it's a little better than I said it was" she continues laughing hard before responding "no shit Sherlock" lily joins in the conversation saying

"now you know what the hell boba is"

Your me and you wrote this after sending your friends that exact video and making boba btw how the fuck do you work the photos at the top ignore the fact that there's four. I wrote the other story a couple days ago and just finished editing (skimming for grammar issues)  it.  Sorry for the short story. Hope you have a good day and to whoever happy birthday !