Chapter 6 It's time to rock and roll

Before heading off to the next gym I was stopped by Opal. It seems like she has some form of teleportation but she was running some errands and asked if I wanted to come. We were going to the same area anyways so I agreed to do it. Helping out Opal was not bad at all and it gave me more respect for her as I opened up to her. She was shocked due to knowing that I barely speak at all but we know each other a lot more so I considered why not do it. As we arrived at Hammerlocke we temporarily parted ways.

During my walk to the next gym I came across Bede who was angry at me and rightfully so. I asked him how Gothorita and Duosion were and he mentioned that they were still at the hospital. I proceeded to apologize for my awful deed and told him it was an accident. I also asked "What was up with you using Copperajah anyways? Did you even want to destroy the mural? Also there were no wishing stars in there in case you are curious." He responds with "Oleana made me destroy it using Copperajah to retrieve the wishing stars that Rose wanted. Now I wanted to serve Rose but because you mentioned there being no wishing stars it seems that I was wrong and if I knew she was wrong I would not have done that. But I have to try to get Rose to put me back in the challenge again because I have to defeat Leon." Opal then proceeds to notice Bede and gets excited due to the amount of pink he has. Bede was shocked to see Opal be the way she is where Opal was planning to take him into her wing as long as he puts an effort into her training to which he agreed to do. I wish them both well as they head off.

Hop tells me to come over to route 7 as he wants to test his team. First I gave a scarf to Makoto just in case things happened before walking over to him. When seeing Hop he was ready to rumble with his team which I accepted.

Hop sends out his Trevenant where I send out Chun-Li only to switch to Hearth. Trevenant does good damage to Hearth only to fall to an air slash. After Hop brings out his Boltund, Chun-Li brought the bulldozing so the dog can quickly be stunned. Hop responds with Heatmor who also gets bulldozed to oblivion. He then responds with Cinderace who gets a few good hits in only to fall to the bulldozing like the others. Guess being fully evolved will not help you here. Hop finally brings out his Snorlax where I bring Jessie. His Snorlax threw me off for a bit but I knew I must stay focused so I made sure to counter everytime to put it in check. Hop was defeated but he told me to meet him after beating the next gym so he healed my Pokemon and claimed "This will be more fun."

On route 7 I caught an Inkling that I named Captress who quickly evolved into a Malamar. Whereas on route 8 I caught a Bronzong called Ben. Route 8 had lots of people that I fought and had an easy time with

When I got to the next city there was lots of snow which was nice. I'd rather be cold than hot anyways. Maybe this could be an ice type gym. When I entered the gym Hop appeared angry saying "Why is this gym so hard to beat!? I had a ton of strategy and this guy just swept the floor of me and even injured everyone except my Snorlax and Cinderace! But I promise you I will destroy his team soon. You will also meet me after you win, got it?" Then he stormed off.

When doing the gym challenge I got two sensors. Each of them helped with finding pitfalls which were easy to avoid as I fought a few trainers which did not cause too much trouble. It seems like the leader specializes in rock types which subverts my expectations but on the bright side that means I came prepared due to Chun-Li also being a ground type as well.

The last part of the challenge had lots of sand which blocked my vision even with my glasses on. Not a good sign for me but it could be worse as even though the hindered vision sucks there were still sights of metal to help with this quest. After the sandstorm subsided it was time to meet the leader. He was known as Gordie and he was known for looking cool but to be fair he probably made everybody say that as he was cocky about beating me.

He brings out Barbaracle as I bring Captress. Barbaracle starts with a shell smash as Captress hypnotizes it. As Barbaracle was asleep, Captress struck with some foul play. Gordie brings Shuckle where I respond with Chun-Li. Shuckle slows down Chun-Li a few times until Chun-Li drills Shuckle to the ground. Stonjourner was next and because Chun-Li was slowed down Jessie was brought in. Stonjourner tries to set up with rocks and switches defenses. What Gordie doesn't know is that I was planning a counter and because Stonjourner's defenses were swapped counter did more damage finishing it off. Gordie sends Coalossal and I respond with Chun-Li as our Pokemon get big. Chun-Li uses the max quake to finish Coalossal defeating it in one shot.

Gordie's ego was shattered which was just icing on the cake which has him give me his badge and as an award for defeating him, I was given the ability to teach rock tomb. This move was already given to Chun-Li way earlier than at this time even when it was just a Baltoy so this may not be taught ever again.