Chapter 11 Disguised in black

The tournament between each gym leader begins. Though Opal is gone, that is understandable since Bede already took her place.

First match starts and I come by Nessa. She tells me about how Sonia told her that I was a strong trainer. She also said "But I won't falter even if you defeated me once." My brain tells me to keep calm even if she may be stronger. It was time for war.

Nessa starts by bringing her Golisopod where I bring Gallade. Gallade uses swords dance when Golisopod liquidizes Gallade. Gallade then uses psycho cut making Golisopod temporarily retreat. Nessa responds with a Pelipper to set up the rain but that was all it did as a psycho cut killed it. Nessa brings back and heals her Golisopod only to get killed in a single hit by a psycho cut. Nessa brings her seaking so I tried to have Gallade do a swords dance but he flinched when Seaking used its waterfall but on the brightside that only made Gallade faster. Gallade took advantage of the opportunity and used another swords dance when Seaking set up an aqua ring. Gallade finishes off the Seaking after the rain finally stops and also takes care of the Barraskewda. Nessa brings out her Drednaw and gigantamaxes it while I dynamax my Gallade. Gallade then uses a max knuckle to finish the Drednaw off. Nessa praised my skill and said "Sonia was right, you are skilled."

Round two was when I had to fight Bea. She told me that she was about to get serious. I was worried that she may have Pangoro because I knew it would be bad for me to lose the war and since it's a dark type it could completely counter me if I don't preserve Gallade. I slightly nod and get ready for combat

Bea starts off by sending out her Hawlucha as I send out Gallade. Gallade uses swords dance as Hawlucha lands a flying press doing heavy damage. Gallade lands a psycho cut before anything else could happen. Bea responds with her Sirfetch'd only to get one shot by a psycho cut. Bea brings her Grappaloct who was using powerful punches while Gallade was dancing through. While a few hits landed, Gallade was capable of finishing off Grappaloct with his psycho cut. Bea brings her Falinks who looked like it wasn't going to retreat however, it wouldn't have mattered as Gallade cuts all 5 of them with a single swoop. Bea tries to bring up her Machamp and gigantamaxes it. Gallade dynamaxes and thanks to its immense strength a max mindstorm defeats the Machamp once and for all. The match was surprisingly easier than the first time fighting her. Bea bows as I wish her well with her gym career.

It's time to face the last leader. Raihan stands in my way. He apologized for what he did to Hearth and Marisa as he didn't know what was going to happen to them and he would've stopped if he heard about the virus. I forgave him and said "We should just battle. I swear mine don't just do that." He nods but not before saying "You know how my team is meant for doubles battles? Well don't expect to easily win this match as I also have tactics for single battles to put you under the weather." I clapped for his pun and said "You know what try it but please don't make me psi"

Raihan begins with his Torkoal to set up the sun where I send my Gallade. Torkoal yawns at Gallade to put it to sleep which worked but not before Gallade lands two psycho cuts to finish it. Raihan brings Turtinator as Gallade wakes up to use three swords dances. Turtinator tried to set up a trap while Gallade finishes it in one blow after the traps were set. Raihan sends out Goodra who was too slow as Gallade slices it with a psycho cut. Raihan's Flygon sets up a sandstorm which was smart but did not work as it fell the same way as Goodra. Raihan goes crazy with the sand storm and gigantamaxes his Duraludon. Gallade dynamaxes but Duraludon was faster, dealing a good hit to Gallade but Gallade did not falter as it dealt a max knuckle finishing off the weather king once and for all. Raihan felt good but made sure I knew that Leon was tough and I may stand no chance.

Hop comes over to me and expresses his excitement about me fighting his brother. He did not know who he wanted to win until his Cinderace helped give an answer. He proceeds to tell me "Cinderace told me if you win I get to throw a soccer ball in your face." I proceed to ask "Is this true? Did you truly change?" Hop chuckles telling me that he's joking and cheers me on.

I walk into the stadium meeting Leon who says "Aedan. You impressed me as a trainer. You defeated Team Yell, achieved the badges, helped out the people of Galar, you even had Hop revert to his former self despite everything that happened. You know you should be proud of yourself for what you did and we should celebrate with a du-."

Leon was interrupted by the static. "What is this about? The finale is about to start." Leon said unhappy about the events occurring. Chairman Rose appears on the screen and says "Oh Leon. You should have listened to my plans instead of dilly dallying with the championship. Now because of your foolishness it is about time for me to start the darkest day for the good of Galar of course." Everything was going crazy. Chun-Li and Leon's Charizard had everyone evacuate as the apocalypse was happening. Dynamaxxing was happening, The world was getting darker, homes were destroyed in the process of this final hour.

Leon and I were leaving the stadium and Hop was there. Hop was worried for both of our safety and asked what was going on. Leon said "I'll tell you when we get out."

Fleeing the stadium we explained to Hop about Rose starting the darkest day and Hop was reminded of the entire story Sonia was talking about with the two heroes. I asked Hop if he remembered the Slumbering Wield incident and he nodded. I suggested that we visit there and he agreed. We go back home as Sonia is asking about what is going on. I tell her that the darkest day is happening and we are going into the Slumbering Wield to see the beasts. We headed off and I met the same blue wolf who had their red ally with them. Sonia sees us and tells us that she sees nothing after I say that I saw the wolf again. Was it a hallucination? No it can't be this has to be the legend. Going through the forest we come across a rusted sword and shield. We thought about these as lucky charms so I get the sword and Hop gets the shield and head off to Hammerlocke.

We go to Hammerlocke and find Raihan evacuating everybody as he tells us to stay back. We tell him that we are going to stop Chairman Rose and make sure this day is prevented. He reluctantly nods as he knows we beat him and shows us the elevator. We go down the elevator and confront the chairman himself. "Welcome children, it seems you came here to stop me. But it;s too bad you were late. I already summoned Eternatus, the bringer of the darkest day. But it's a shame that I must explain myself because I doubt you will understand. You see I have to make sure Galar has limitless energy to make sure that we have everlasting prosperity." I then say "Well why don't you guys just build solar panels then? That would make more sense. They give endless energy since the sun is a renewable resource, it's cleaner than bringing about the darkest day like a lunatic, and it will even cause less damage." Chairman Rose replies "Well aren't you a know-it-all. But this plan will be perfect as it also brings dynamax everywhere." I respond by mentioning how dumb that is considering everything is getting destroyed. He says "You know what? Fine let me prove how worthless your claims are as I summon Eternatus and watch you fall." I finally finish off my statement by saying "Alright at least we will be able to see your incompetence considering all this will do."

Rose sends Escavalier as I bring Gallade. Gallade uses swords dance as Escavalier uses a megahorn. Despite the bleeding Gallade toughed it out so I would not be sad. Gallade then lands a brick break and finishes off Escavalier. Rose responds with his Perrserker as Gallade finished it off with a brick break. Rose brings Ferrothorn as I heal Gallade. Ferrothorn uses a gyro ball and I have Gallade brick break after the damage. The barbs put Gallade in pain but he got over it. Klinklang gets sent out and hits a wild charge hurting Gallade and itself as Gallade finishes Klinkland off with a brick break. Rose gigantamaxes his Copperajah as Gallade dynamaxes and finishes off the Copperajah with a max knuckle. Victory was mine it was time to celebrate.

"What!? How!?" Rose was cornered. My team of psychics cornered him as Rose laughs. "You think you won? It's too late I already summoned Etenatus now it's time to die."