Chapter 10 Friendly fire

The tournament has begun and my first match was none other than Marnie. She mentions her long journey will come to an end. Though she makes sure that I am aware that she will destroy me. While I did believe her because I am a psychic type user, that was not going to put me down. The battle between the mind and the fear had begun. It is time to see which is better.

Marnie sends out her Liepard where I bring Gallade. Gallade uses his swords dance which made him stronger. Liepard was tormenting him during the process but my mind found the nasty plot it was having so I reacted by telling my Gallade to brick break the Liepard which caused it to faint. Marnie responds with her Scrafty but due to the torment I had to work around with alternating my moves. Scrafty also made Gallade dizzy which makes things worse as thanks to the amount of strength he has he could just punch himself to death if he doesn't snap out of it. Luckily though Gallade saw a way through and killed Scrafty immediately. Marnie brings her Toxicroak which luckily means I can preserve some brick breaking for a bit. Gallade uses his psycho cut and finishes off the Toxicroak in one hit. Marnie then brings her Morpeko which brings a spark in Gallade. Gallade, paralyzed was unable to move. Luckily though Gallade has been healed and responds with a brick break finishing off Morpeko before paralysis can take over. Marnie brings her Grimmsnarl to take me down once and for all. This is strange. I was used to Morpeko being her ace but this is a nice change of pace. Grimmsnarl gigantamaxes while Gallade dynamaxes. Gallade lands his max knuckle and finishes Grimmsnarl once and for all. Marnie accepts defeats and wishes me the best in this tourney. My break was not for long though as the staff told me my next round was up.

To my surprise I met Hop who seems to be in a better mood. Hop tells me "Aedan I took in what you said. I went too far with what I did and I would like to apologize for everything I have done. Can we please just have a battle for old times sake." To which I gave my usual nod to which he smiled. That's not something I see everyday.

Hop starts out by bringing his Dubwool to which I bring out Gallade. Dubwool body slams by Gallade a few times to restrain the dancing of the swords but Gallade persevered with his brick breaking skills. Hop then responds with his Corviknight. Now this can be intimidating because of Corviknight having the high ground but Gallade can just chuck a brick at it and then break through the armor with no problems. Hop responds with Pincurchin who could not keep up with Gallade's speed and strength which grounds the Pincurchin. Hop then brings out his Snorlax who despite seeming like it could tank a few hits got chopped by Gallade's arms. Hop had to bring his Cinderace so I swapped to Chun-Li. Cinderace dynamaxes while Chun-Li also dynamaxes. While Cinderace was faster it was not enough as Chun-Li causes the earth to bury it under the sand. Hop then smiles calmly and says "I may not be able to defeat you but that's ok. Maybe you can even take on my bro. I would love to see that. Good luck." As he walks off the tournament was put on hold so I went to the inn.

Hop sees me inside and he mentions that Leon was going to treat us to dinner. Hop then questions where Leon is as it's been a while. Piers then walks in and notices us questioning his location. Piers says that he is with Rose having a conversation. Hop asks Piers to take us there to which Piers says "You really need me to take you over? You don't know where it is?" Hop then says "I do not and neither does Aedan here." Piers mentions that he suggests taking an elevator. We go out for one only to be interrupted by Oleana. Oleana tells us that we cannot go in as only people with keys are able to enter. We find out men with black shades have the keys to the tower. There was a man in black shades who refused to give us the keys no matter our pursuits. Luckily we made all his pokemon faint especially considering it was all steel types. 3 matches later and he finally gave us the keys. At the station to the elevator four men blocked us. Luckily Piers gave an amazing song to distract them and the residents so we can get by.

We made it to the tower. Hop and I met some guards trying to keep us away from Rose and Leon. For the first guard I asked Hop to punch him in the face. Hop proceeds to punch him but his Durant comes out anyway. Luckily though we tore through the metal body and move to the elevator that was formerly blocked. After that match it was just doubles battles from here. Every battle had one thing in common and it was that everybody used steel types. We use this to our advantage by having Chun-Li drill everybody with their moves, one shotting almost everybody. Many floors later we encounter Oleana. Oleana talks about not letting me get to Chairman Rose. She told me "I will kill all of your Pokemon so you can't fight Leon! Leaving him miserable and forced to only work with the Chairman!" I reply with "oh yeah? Good luck on that. Remember when you screwed over Rose's son? From one psychic to another I will demolish you." Oleana flips out and battles me.

Oleana brings out Froslass as I enter Chun-Li. Froslass burns Chun-Li but Chun-Li slows down Froslass. After healing Chun-Li Froslass multiplies to be more evasive. Makoto comes in so passive damage could come in and burn Froslass. Froslass went for a hex but it did not work. Froslass multiplies again but luckily Makoto found the real one and finished it off. Oleana responds with her Milotic as I send out Gallade Gallade rides the waves while dancing with swords. Milotic wears an aqua ring as it makes Gallade surf. Gallade then responds with a zen headbutt finishing it immediately. Tsareena comes out only to get cut up by a psycho cut. Salazzle is up next who hits a venoshock after I healed my Gallade though it still loses to a psycho cut. Oleana sends out her Garbodor who she gigantamaxes. I respond by saying "Oh hey that Pokemon reminds me of you." She gets even more enraged after I dynamax my Gallade with the taunt. Gallade hits a max mindstorm and finishes off Garbodor. Oleana tries to slam me down the elevator but my Gallade helps out and restrains her. Leon and Chairman Rose arrive as Oleana flees. Leon apologizes for delaying dinner and says it's on him.

Rose and Leon were discussing plans about the energy crisis. Leon thought Rose was crazy for his ideas being done now where Rose claims it is absolutely necessary which honestly would not be surprised if it was nuts.

At the hotel you guessed it I got taunted again. This time it was illusions of my team and my friends dying. With me dying in cold blood after they all go. After the illusions stopped Hop came in and asked if I was ok as he heard screaming. I mention I am fine, it must be my imagination. Hop then mentions that he is glad that I am safe and leaves my room as I go to sleep.

After waking up I went to the stadium with Leon announcing the tournament. He mentions how it is full of gym leaders. He then says "Oh and Aedan is here but to be fair he is practically a gym leader anyways for the psychic type."

My match was interrupted by Bede himself. I greet him by saying "Hey Bede! You almost look pretty enough to kiss!" Bede says "Seriously? You see me for the first time in a while and you say I am almost pretty enough to kiss? Anyways after everything we went through I just want to have another battle with you to prove my worth." I nod and get ready for combat.

Bede starts out with his Mawile as I bring Chun-Li. Mawile intimidated Chun-Li who used cosmic powers to increase its defenses. Chun-Li then drilled Mawile, finishing it off. Bede sends out Gardevoir who survives a bulldoze and decides to set up a calmer mind. Unfortunately though it was almost dead anyways so one drill run finishes it off. Galarian Rapidash was next who did nothing. Chun-Li finishes it off with one drill run. Bede then sends out his Hatterene and gigantamaxes it while I dynamax Chun-Li. Hatterene survives my earthly abilities and lands a critical hit on Chun-Li. Unfortunately for Hatterene though it was almost dead so Chun-Li does one more move and finishes off Hatterene.

Bede thanks me for the match and walks off getting ready to be the next fairy type gym leader. I wished him luck and he responded with a "Smell ya later you magical nerd." It was time to fight some gym leaders again but I know things will go well.