Part - 33 : Storm (Final)

Abhimanyu flinched and started to interrupt but Akshara didn't stop.
'..I didn't marry you for your riches, neither will I stay married for riches. I don't care whether Abhinav is a driver or not, as long as he is the same man who has within him every good that the World has to offer.
The only good thing that came out of that dark day was that I realised that what I felt for you wasn't love but rather I fell in love with the idea of love. You were the first person who made me feel cared for, the first person who made me feel that I was fully loved for everything that I am. I loved that person who had such a loving heart to love a girl being punished for something she didn't do - causing her mother's... I can't.. I can't say it..'

Akshara took a deep breath, reminding herself that all that as horrible as it was, it was her past. Abhinav, the light of her life, was her present and future.
'..I always chalked the problems between us to other people or communication issues or misunderstandings. But the day you grudged me for being alive when your brother wasn't, I realised that your love was nothing but an illusion. And my love was for the wrong person, a person who did not exist. There was no Abhimanyu who loved me unconditionally. The Abhimanyu who I had married, I could only love at the cost of compromising myself, being someone I wasn't, at the cost of my self, my self respect.
And it wasn't worth it, Abhimanyu. It wasn't and it isn't worth loving someone at the cost of trying to live up to someone's standard. For every action of mine, a commotion was created and every mistake, used to put restrictions on me.
This is not a life of adventure, but one of stress. My life with Abhinav isn't boring but peaceful. I want meaningful gestures - straight from the heart - whether grand or not. I want to be Akshara, not Akshu.
I know I am hurting you, Abhimanyu, and I have in the past as well but had I known what true love is, I wouldn't have been with you or married you'.

Abhimanyu's face drained of colour and he attempted to stop himself from losing everything,
'Aksh.. Akshu, please don't be hasty. Think over what I said. My heart and home doors are always open for you. Love isn't changeable. Yesterday, you found me better so you loved me, today you find Sharma ji better, so you love him. Tomorrow, there will be someone else? Is that what you are saying? Think clearly, Akshu!'.
Abhinav wanted to give Akshara the same space she had given him, so he bit hard on his tongue to keep from answering Abhimanyu in the way he deserved for the pathetic question. A metallic taste filled his mouth but he didn't move a muscle knowing that he would completely lose control if he did.
'No, Abhimanyu, that's not what I am saying', said Akshara, calmly, having guessed correctly that Abhimanyu's ego would take him down to this level, 'There is no tomorrow without Abhinav for me'.

Akshara turned to Manjari, not willing to prove her love for Abhinav to anyone else. Abhinav knew the depth of her love for him and that was what was enough.
'I have always respected the love.. or rather the love Birlas are capable of giving.. you had given me after marriage and kept silent, no matter what you have said or done to me. You will deny it but what you did that day, legal action could have been taken against you and you know that. That day I was a mother grieving the loss of my son too. But I walked away and that seems to make you feel that I will always walk away.
No, Mrs. Birla, I won't.
Abhinav and I have always raised Abhir as Abhir Akshara Abhinav Sharma on my saying. Left to Abhinav, Abhir would be Abhir Akshara Goenka only because after 3 gruelling days of breathing life in Abhir, this man handed over our miracle baby to me, stating that Abhir belongs to me alone. Abhir is Abhir Abhinav Sharma as per my wish. For Abhinav understands the right of a mother very well but many in our society don't. Mrs. Birla, you don't either. Abhir is Abhir Abhimanyu Birla to you. You don't want Abhir to meet me on weekends even. After that, you accuse Abhinav of brainwashing Abhir against me?
Ego demands position and ranking, love doesn't. I know Abhir can do anything for me, he loves me so much,  I don't need to compete with Abhinav or anyone for Abhir's love.
Truth be said, Abhir chose Abhinav right from my womb. I believe that while I was out of my senses,  my boy or Destiny if you wish, chose that bus, that seat. My boy forged such a cosmic connection with Abhinav that he couldn't leave till the miracle baby was born and Abhir took breath in Abhinav's arms only. This cosmic connection triumphs over every biological connection, every soul connection. I take pride in calling Abhir as Abhinav's son because of the love they have for each other. Many boys are Mama's boy, my Abhir is a Papa's boy. If he loves his Papa more than his Mumma, that's fine because frankly, his Papa loves him more than his Mumma is capable of..'

Abhinav shook his head vehemently but Akshara went on,
'..Abhinav is pure love personified.  The more you love him, the more there is to love. Abhir and I have found it impossible to love Abhinav in half measure. What will he brainwash or blackmail us for? Abhir and I are completely his.
From morning, we have clashed over many things but the one thing I think we all agree on is that Abhir is not the Abhir, a six year old kid should be. He is not the happy, carefree Abhir that you, Dr. Birla and you, Mrs. Birla have seen in Kasauli.
I will never leave Abhinav to come to Abhir and I will never stay away from Abhir either.
Call it choosing my husband over my son, call me a bad mother or whatever other names that can be thought of.  This time I will not compromise like I always have, I won't give up on my dream, I won't choose between the people I love. Either Aarohi or Bade Papa and Badi Maa, either Manjari Maa or Abhimanyu, either Abhimanyu or Aarohi, my whole life I have faced this.
I won't let it be either Abhir or Abhinav.
This time, I won't sacrifice, I won't compromise, I won't adjust. I want my dream family together and my family is incomplete without Abhir and Abhinav both.
Abhimanyu, I won't quit. I will either fight till my last breath in Court or you surrender the custody just now.
You can be a part of Abhir's life if he wishes. There won't be any unreasonable restrictions from Abhinav's or my side. Abhir's Papa tried his utmost today to avoid dragging Abhir through the trauma of a custody case again. It's your turn, Abhimanyu, to step up as Abhir's biological father. Surprise me with your answer. Are you, Dr. Birla, willing to surrender Abhir's sole custody?'.

Abhimanyu gave a sad smile, the realisation that AbhiRa was over hurting him like a physical wound, as he finally replied,
'No'.

Akshara nodded, unsurprised and caught Abhinav's hand, pulling him out of Birla Mansion before he made another futile attempt for Abhir and her sake.