𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LET THAT OLD bitch feed you lies

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LET THAT OLD bitch feed you lies. They are always trying to deceive people with their false prophecies. Pay her no mind. Are you feeling well? What did she say?"

Aemond's worried voice yanked her out of her dark thoughts. "Nothing of importance," she mumbled.

Aegon arched a doubtful eyebrow, but said nothing. Aemond grabbed her by the shoulders and urged her to look at him. "Forget what she said. None of it is real! She only meant to scare you."

"I know that!" she lied, smacking his hands away from her. "Now stop touching me."

Aemond clenched his jaw. "As you wish."

Aegon cackled loudly, pleased with her reaction. "Drink more wine, sister. You clearly need it."

Something in Aegon's speech triggered an angry outburst from Daenys. "You truly do not care about anyone, do you? You only care about yourself, you are a bad influence! Enjoy the rest of your night. Go to a pleasure house, because I know that is what you really want. I will return to the Red Keep."

"What in the Seven Hells has gotten into you?" Aegon snarled at her. "If I remember correctly, you were quite excited to see the royal play."

"And now I wish to return to the comfort of my quarters," Daenys replied in an equally aggressive tone. "I should not have left in the first place!"

Aegon shrugged dismissively. "Suit yourself."

"I shall accompany you to the Red Keep," Aemond declared solemnly. "You cannot go by yourself."

"I can, and I will," she said, taking several steps backward. "Stay away from me, both of you."

Daenys prayed they wouldn't attempt to follow her. She sprinted up the Street of Silk until she found the path Aegon had led them through earlier in the evening. Glancing over her shoulder, her brothers were nowhere to be found. Her heart sank at the thought of leaving them behind. Anything could happen. They could be harmed, or worse.

Both of them will die for you.

The old witch's words echoed in her mind, making her legs race faster. Her raspy voice and her wicked smile were still fresh in her memory.

The one-eyed boy will ruin your life, but you will have five children with him. The taller one will bring ruin to the entire realm. I do not lie, child.

Daenys was already promised to Prince Jacaerys of House Velaryon. It didn't make any sense. How could Aemond be the father of her children?

The idea of Aegon bringing terror and ruin to the Seven Kingdoms wasn't so far-fetched. He hardly embodied the necessary qualities of a peaceful king. He displayed, however, the traits of a tyrant.