Chapter 11: Complications

As the weeks flew by, Tina noticed she had barely said anything to Lisa since their last talk. She also noticed that Chloe was rather quieter than usual. She was usually as rowdy as an elephant. She supposed that this strange behavior was because of all their upcoming tests. Lisa and Chloe were often found in the most unlikely of places to see them sitting, in the library. They would be revising for exams and finishing up assignments. 

Tina did not see Lisa anywhere in the library, but she often found Sky in the corner reading a history book or doodling in her sketchbook. She supposed that the two of them had gotten into a fight. The eleventh and twelfth graders were that busy, that Ms. Evans had reduced musical rehearsals to once a week, despite the performance in three weeks. One day when the two of them were once again in the library studying, Tina decided to break the silence. 

"So... what's new with you?" Tina asked her friend, nervously. Chloe suddenly looked up from her homework and scanned her face as though finding if she was hiding something. Finally, she spoke. 

"Oh, nothing!" She said bluntly. 

"But is there something you want to tell me? Any secrets?" Again, Chloe searched her face for a few seconds before speaking. 

"Can I copy the other half of your biology assignment? I'm stuck", she asked. Tina sighed, whilst passing her neatly written, ten-page essay for biology. Chloe was being difficult. Finally, she asked this. 

"What's wrong with Lisa? She seems nice", Tina asked, a little impatiently. Suddenly, Chloe looked up from her work. She stared at Tina for a few seconds, before saying something quietly. 

"She can do telekinesis!" After that none of them said a word to the other as they worked.