Chapter 16: Coming Out

Despite making up with Chloe and Sky, Lisa still felt a little odd. She had finished her assessments and exams for the year, and she now had all this free time which was spent with her anxiety. Tina had helped Lisa control her anxiety. 

Every time a guy would stop in the hallway and chat to Tina or ask to hang out, Lisa would feel jealous. She knew her feelings for her best friend were impossible, but she couldn't help them. Every time Tina would stroke through her hairs, laugh at her jokes or hung out with her, this only increased Lisa's feelings towards her. 

Although Lisa was gay, she could not guarantee that Tina would be the same. But she just wasn't sure. Lisa knew that she would never be able to admit her feelings to her friend. But one day she worked up the courage. 

As Tina came walking up to Lisa, she couldn't help but notice how graceful her walk was. Lisa's head was swarming with worries and what ifs about what was going to happen. She was sure Tina would throw a lamp at her. She was so worried; she did not realize Tina had approached her. 

"Hi Lisa! What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked, nonchalantly. Lisa's throat suddenly caught a bubble as she couldn't remember what she was going to say. 

"Oh um... I was just wondering if you... um if you wanted to go down to the ice cream shop afterschool?" She asked lamely. At first Tina looked a little shocked, but she later had a small smile on her face. 

"Sure! I would love that," she replied to her best friend. All day long, Lisa worried about what would happen after school. She did not want to lose her friendship with Tina, but she knew she had to get the truth out eventually. Finally, the time came when the two were walking down to the famous ice cream shop down the road from the school. 

"Alright! I don't know how to say this. Because I don't know if your gay or straight, but I just know that I'm bisexual", she said. Tina smiled a little as Lisa continued. 

"But I know one thing, I like you, Tina. At first, I just tried to hide it or decline it. I couldn't believe it when I found out. But I just can't help myself when I see some guys walk up to you and ask to hang out. It makes me jealous because I like you. You're the first person I like that way, and I don't want to lose you. It's okay if you don't like me like that. I'll get over it. I just don't want to lose you as a friend", Lisa said as she ended her monologue. 

Tina just stared at her friend with a shocked expression on her face. This made Lisa slightly uncomfortable as she didn't know what she was thinking. However, after a while, Tina finally spoke. 

"I can't believe I'm finally admitting it. But I like you too Lisa", she said with a huge smile on her face. As soon as she'd said that she leaned in and kissed Lisa. Not just any kiss. This kiss was gentle yet passionate. Lisa could not describe all the emotions she felt as she kissed her back, just as passionately. It felt like the two girls were finally letting loose after a year of being stuck in the closet. As the two girls broke apart, Lisa leaned in and kissed her softly on the nose.

 "I love you, Tina. You're the best friend I ever had." 

The End