Chapter 1: First Day

Lisa Martin is a quiet, studious girl with sleek blonde hair and bright hazel eyes. Her passions lie in art and music and her ambition is to become an animator. However, Lisa's main problem is that no one recognizes her talents. They want her to get perfect grades and be more into sport. But Lisa hates sport. She was on the tennis team in her old school, and she despised it. But she loves dancing. 

As Lisa walked through her new school on the first day, she stared at the magnificent walls and gleaming white tiles. The walls were squeaky clean, with sparkling windows which were open. Fresh air wafted through the windows as chatty students bustled through the crowds and turned here and there. While Lisa walked through the narrow hallways, she was fascinated by the stunning classrooms and huge arts rooms. 

I wish I could pick arts subjects, she thought. But she knew she couldn't pick too many of those subjects in grade eleven. Besides, how would she get a good ATAR score if she picked the lowest of subjects? Her parents wouldn't be so happy, and she certainly wouldn't get a good degree that way. 

When Lisa got her class schedule, she read it:

First session: Math

Second session: Art

Third session: English

Lunch

Fourth session: Film

Fifth session: Science

Sixth session: History

Lisa sighed. Of course, she had to take science and history. Science was a useful subject according to her parents, while history was apparently interesting. 

Lisa stared at her thin piece of paper. She tried folding it into a beautiful, elegant swan like in swan lake for ballet. But all that came out was a crumpled ball looking nothing like a swan. She sighed. This was going to be a long day.