02: Healing and a Suspect

Melody POV:

Nico bursts into the infirmary at that moment and tackle-hugs Will. When he lets go, I ask, "Hey, Neeks. Why are you here?" He answers, "I sensed someone was dying and I was worried that it was Will." I say, "Okay.", and quickly head back into the room. Luke asks, "Who was that?" I respond, "My half-brother, Nico. He wouldn't hurt Will." He eases up a little bit, but the door suddenly opens. Nico's in the doorway, shock and confusion being the most evident things on his face. I quickly usher him out and explain, "Luke must have been resurrected very recently. He showed up, extremely injured, a few hours ago and I brought him here." Nico, out of his stupor, asks, "Does he remember anything?" I answer, "No. You can mention him to Percy as the infirmary's new patient, but don't mention him to Annabeth." He nods and leaves.

Nico POV:

As I walk away, I feel heavy because of the new information that I have. Something tells me I shouldn't know about any of this, but I do. I bump into Percy, and he, being the intuitive idiot he is, asks, "What's wrong?" I answer, "All I can say is that the infirmary has a new patient, and who he is shocked me." He then walks off, and I continue on my way.

Melody POV:

After Nico left, I turn to Luke and say, "I'm going to get something to eat. You hungry?" Luke nods and I quickly run to the vending machines that Percy had gotten installed by the pavilion. I bought a chocolate bar for me and a couple chip bags for Luke. When I'm walking back, Percy stops me and asks, "Are all of those for you?" I gather the snacks into one hand and clench my other hand into a fist, digging my nails into my palm as I lie and say, "I didn't have very much food for lunch, so I'm getting these." He leaves me alone and I continue walking back. 

Once I got back, I told Luke, "I got you a couple bags of chips. I not sure if your flavor preference has changed since we last saw each other, so I got what I remember as your favorite." He takes them and says, "I've always loved this flavor, so it's fine. What exactly took you so long?" I respond with, "Someone asked about the snacks, I had to lie." He accepts that answer and opens a bag. We just sit and eat in silence till Luke says, "I got another memory back while you were gone." I happily turn turn to face him and ask, "Which one?" He answers, "My death.", and my grin fell. He then asks, "How long has it been?" I somberly answer, "5 years. It happen 2 weeks after my 16th, from what I heard." He sets the bag aside and pulls me into a hug. I  snuggle into his chest as the tears well up and he says, "I had a feeling you needed a hug." He then winces in pain and I jump back to my seat and ask, "Are you okay?" He says, "Yeah. I'm just getting a memory back."

Percy POV:

I stand outside Hades Cabin and I look down and ask, "Lord Hades, May I enter your children's cabin? I need to see your older daughter's area." After (at least) asking, I enter the gloomy cabin and walk towards Melody's bed. I see a cork board peaking out from behind her nightstand. I pull the nightstand out and once I see the PROPHECY BOARD, I freeze in shock and horror when I look at the newest prophecy. On the line about a fallen hero returning, there's a picture of LUKE CASTELLAN'S face, which means he's back. Before I have fully recovered, I'm racing over to the infirmary.

Melody POV:

I hear a commotion in the next room, so I peak out to see. Percy's there and he's interrogating Will. We lock eyes and I dart back into the room. I then hear the doorknob turn and when I turn to look, a pain flashes across my face as everything goes black. My last thought before I loose consciousness is concern for Luke.

Elsewhere:

The booming voice from before asks, "Have you found him?" The traitor answers, "Yes. He's at Camp Half Blood, and he's being guarded by Hades's Daughter. I'll kill her and bring Luke to you, Lord."

Sorry I've been away from this for so long. I had a bout of writer's block and started a one-shot book to keep track of my ideas. You can check that out for 'behind the words' content. See you next chapter and happy spring, Cubs.

                      -CMSWolf8409