07: Battle and Near-Death Confessions

Dick POV:

I could very easily tell that Melody was angry. And it was for very good reason, to; as Luke was just stabbed. She says, "Dick. Look after Luke and make sure he stays alive. I have something to do, but I'll take over when I'm done." Then, I feel what I can only estimate as an 9.3 magnitude earthquake as Mel stands up. A scythe materializes strapped to her back and she pulls it out.

Mel then disappeared and I heard the clash of metal, but I didn't let my attention falter, being sure to fulfill my new friend and likely leader's request

Melody POV:

I vamp-speed over and quickly attack the bitch, not letting the earthquake I accidentally caused make me stumble or slow. My scythe, a 14th birthday gift from my dad, makes impact with her skin more often then with her knife. Her close-combat skills are obviously being inhibited by the earthquake, and that leading to my easy victory. Sadly, before I could kill her, the bitch put on her invisibility cap and slipped away. I re-sheathe my scythe and run back to Luke, who's still mortally wounded. I hear him whisper, "Mel, I genuinely love you, and I have my memories back now. Just wanted to say that before I die again." I stare into his eyes and say, "You won't." I look at Dick and make a hand signal for him to turn around. Once he is, I bite into my wrist and put the bleeding wound to his mouth to ensure he won't permanently die again, and then I use my powers to heal him. I lay him against me, and as we exit the garden, I see a red-haired boy in the distance.