05: Sparks, Drama, And Unwanted Reunions

Melody POV:

Lucky for all of us, nothing eventful happened in Montana. In Washington, though, as we got out of the bus to get coffee, I ended up laying my eyes on someone I never wanted to see again. Ochaco Uraraka, my exes side piece, was just a few feet away, spewing bullshit to some random passerby, and luckily hasn't seen me. I quickly get behind Luke and Grayson, pushing them along. After a few feet, The acrobatic turns to me and asks, "What the hell is going on?" I respond, "I saw my exes side piece a few feet from where we were. That likely means that most of my former classmates are here." Both of their eyes  went wide and we continued walking. Once in the closest Starbucks, I quickly order my usual for April, a Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble and a Cookies and Cream Cake Pop, and sit down with my treat. Luke ordered a Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato with a Brownie and Grayson just ordered a Chai Latte. When the bell for the door rang and I looked to see who it was, I froze and started getting the bad kind of flashbacks.

Dick POV:

I looked over at Melody, but was shocked to see her eyes wide with fear and hatred staring at the new customer. I quickly say to Luke, "Comfort her. I'm pretty sure that's her ex. If he tries to touch her, don't be afraid to defend yourself.", as I hand him a small dagger. The blonde male squared up to me as Luke hugged Melody close, and The likely ex-boyfriend shouts while asking, "Why is my girlfriend with you?" I feel my eyebrow raise in confusion and look towards Luke, who's glaring at this guy and angrily spits, "Fuck off you lying cunt! I know that Mel isn't your girlfriend, and she already told us everything; meaning I know that Mel broke up with you 3 years ago!" The Blonde's hands erupt into literal explosions, meaning he's likely the Japanese 'hero' Dynamight, aka Katsuki Bakugo. He yells, "Stop being クソ野郎、そして私の過剰にドラマチックな元ガールフレンドを私にくれ、そうすれば彼女を日本に連れて帰ることができるよ!" I glance at Luke, who nods, and as soon as our drinks are ready, the two of us grab them and run, Luke somehow carrying an unconscious Melody.

Luke POV:

As Mel stirs on my chest, as she passed out during the confrontation, I rather easily admire her kitten-like cuteness. Her eyes open, and as soon as she sees where she's lying, she springs up with an adorable amount of blush on her face. She speedily says, "Sorry if I was an inconvenience." I put my drink down and grab her hands, looking her in the eyes as I say, "You are 100% not an inconvenience. I could very easily tell how much of an asshole your ex is. To be honest, I kinda wish the argument hadn't been in public, just so I could've killed him for the things he said about you." Mel starts to tear up, so I wipe the tears away, making her blush. Suddenly, Dick groans and teasingly says, "If you two are gonna kiss, please, do it in private." Mel squeaks and grabs her drink and treat, and I throw my treat bag, which is also my trash bag, at the horny idiot.

Separate Elsewhere POVs:

In Tartarus, The traitor  walks up to Kronos's presence and says, "It's almost time for the Battle. I'll meet them on Mount Tamalpais."

The girl from last chapter, really Clarissa Morgenstern, goes into a meeting with her fellow Clave members to discuss Melody Arreta.

Katsuki Bakugo, feeling a bit defeated, thinks I'll try a different tactic as he walks back to the 1A alumni's hotel.