16: Verbal Smackdowns And The Musical Bashing Of An Ex

Luke POV:

After Melody finally got to sleep, I angrily stomped out of the room and into the lounge room. The first one to notice me was the archer, who nocked an arrow, quickly aiming for me as he asks, "Who the hell are you?" I seethingly answer, "Melody's boyfriend. I need a word with the Star-Spangled Asshole." Lydia nonchalantly says, "That would be the burly blonde." I walk over to the one she'd pointed out, pull his face down to my level by his shirt, and then deliver what I think might be one of my best right-hooks. He staggers back 5 steps, then shout-yells, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I yell back, "SLAPPING MY GIRLFRIEND AND CAUSING HER TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK, YOU ASSHOLE!" He yells again saying, "THAT BITCH DOESN'T HAVE ANXIETY! AND SHE, OF ALL PEOPLE, IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?! YOU COULD DO A LOT BETTER THAN THAT LYING SLUT!" I shout back, "YOU SAY SHE'S A SLUT, BUT YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING YOUR EX'S GRANDDAUGHTER?! YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE! SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK, SHE STILL SOMEWHAT WANTS TO LIVE, AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY SHE CHOSE ME!" Then, a welcome voice comes through both mentally and physically: "BOYS! Stop fighting!"

Melody POV:

Hearing Luke give the star-spangled asswipe verbal whiplash was fun and wholesome-ish and all, but it was getting really loud and personal now, so shout with my outer and inner voices, "BOYS! Stop fighting!" The two pause as I enter the room, and Luke quickly comes up and asks me, "Are you okay? Did I wake you up? If so, I am so sorry." I smile warmly at him and say, "Yeah. I'm calmer now, Amor. I was never actually asleep." After plant a quick kiss on his lips, I turn to Steve, who was looking a bit ashamed, and I say, "And You, Steve: You had no right to slap me. Just because you hadn't gotten concrete proof and someone knew my title, doesn't mean you get to slap me. I have a way that you can get proof. You'll have to trust that I won't purposefully harm any of you, though." I turn to Tony and ask, "Are there any public events happening?" The publicity desensitized one says, "There's a gala tomorrow night." I turn back to the group and say, "Great. Morning after that is when I'll give you guys proof. And you'll get to meet Aunt Cass. Though she changed her name to Cordelia, I knew her as Cassandra till back in January." Just then, a vision makes me double over, one of my former classmates being at the gala. Luke catches me before my head hits the ground and asks, "Prophecy or Foresight?" I answer, "Foresight. They'll be at the gala and I have a damn fun plan to form."

The next night, at the gala, I'm walking around and introducing myself with Luke next to me when I see half of the former 1A walk in wearing formal wear out of the corner of my eye

The next night, at the gala, I'm walking around and introducing myself with Luke next to me when I see half of the former 1A walk in wearing formal wear out of the corner of my eye. I send a message to Nat telepathically, letting her know to tell Tony that the plan can start now. I'd debriefed them on what I had come up with and what could go wrong that morning, so we all knew that things could go wrong because of Bakugo's temper. Tony went on stage as Luke and I made our way back towards the front, intentionally locking eyes with Iida for half a second as I walked along. The oldest of us starts by saying, "Hello Everyone! I am glad that all of you could make it. I'm up here right now because I'd like to introduce you to some surprising special guests. Here are my maternal cousins: Melody and Lydia! Lydia can go first since she's closer to the stage." Lydia comes up to the microphone and says, "Hi, guys. My name is Lydia Martin. I only just learned about my mom's side of the family, but Melody, the one who's been working on reuniting us, has been so kind and supportive of me taking my time to adjust. She's right at the stage right now, so I'll be handing the mic off to her." The hand-off happens and Lydia exits the stage so I can start.

I start off by saying, "Hello. I'm Melody. I'm here tonight with my amazing boyfriend of 11 months, Luke, who has been with me through the newest chaotic chapter of my life." He plants a kiss on my forehead, causing the crowd to coo, and I giggle a bit before continuing, "But some people who hurt me deeply are here as well; trying to get me to act like the things I endured around them were my own fault. But I have a surprise for them: a very pointed song. Playlist Attendant! Start the instrumental." Clint, who was put in charge of music, pauses the soft classical music that was playing and started the instrumental for Wolf In Sheep's Clothing by Set It Off, which was Luke's cue to exit stage right. I start singing along with the obvious lyrics, replacing names to make a point, and I look my psychotic ex in the eyes while singing the chorus. After finishing, I call out, "This was specifically to you: Ochaco Uraraka and Katsuki Bakugo. Uravity, You knew full well how he was treating me and you did nothing, becoming his side piece instead of helping. And you, Dynamight, you psychotic abusive piece of shit: my father has special plans for you when you die."

The next morning, after the purposefully light hangovers cleared up, we were all in the car, driving to camp. I was the one driving, obviously, since I had a license and knew the proper directions by heart, and within less than an hour and a half, we made it there. As we got out and walked up, I mumbled, "I, Melodía Selene Arreta, allow my cousin, Anthony Thomas Stark, and his friends into Camp Half-Blood." They point out the Confirming Green Lightning, and I acknowledge it too but usher them along. At the top of the hill, as soon as Clint and Tony reach the top and see Peleus, the duo exclaim, "Is That A Dragon?!" I nonchalantly respond, "Oh, you can see through the mist. That'll make things a whole lot easier." Crossing the border, I bow showwomanly and say, "Lady and Gentleman: Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!"

As we walk through the Cabin Courtyard, I start to point out the cabins that they can create training schedules with. For Tony, I say, "As your battle style relies on mechanics and intellect, Tony, you'll be training with the Athena and Hephaestus cabins." In Nat's case, I point out, "Your style relies heavily on your own physicality and skill, as well as quick wit. For that, I'd say the Ares and Athena cabins will be your best option. You could also give the Aphrodite kids lessons if you want." Before Clint could even say anything to ask, I quickly direct him towards Apollo Cabin. Bruce gets put with Athena and Ares for training, Steve with Ares as well, and Uncle Z allows Thor to stay in Cabin 1. Luke then pulls me aside and says, "You doing okay? Cause I have news that might ruin your mood." I quickly look into his mind and figure out who he means, then shrug and say, "Eh, I was actually board of the formalities and am in the mood for a possible out-cussing." He then leads me back towards Half-Blood Hill.

And that's a wrap on Act 2! Who do you think will be waiting? You'll have to wait and see.;)