10: Beacon Hills is a Literal Beacon

Cordelia Martin POV:

"Hey Aunt Cass. Long time no see.", says a strange young adult on my doorstep who's supposedly my niece. I squint and look at her, quickly realizing that she's Anna's kid that I hadn't seen in 18 years. I happily say, "Melodia, It really has been a while! How are you? How's Anna?" Once she sits down, her eyes go all somber and she says, "I'm doing better than I was last year. As for my mom, I wish I could have found and told you sooner, but she's dead. She was murdered 11 years ago, but I avenged her death 2 years after." My heart feels like it's twisting in my chest as I ask, "I'm guessing you need a place to stay?" She nods and I lead her to the guest room.

Lydia POV:

Getting back from rescuing Derek in Mexico, I walk in the door to see my mom at the dining table, crying. I quickly run up and ask, "Mom, what's wrong?" She wipes her eyes and says, "I just found out my baby sister's dead. Her daughter gave the news, and will be staying here for the time being. How was the camping trip?" I  respond, "Productive, to say the least. Wait a damn minute, You have siblings and I have a cousin?" She giggles softly and answers, "Yeah, 2 sisters, and they both had kids. Their names were Marta and Anna, and their kids' names are Anthony and Melodia respectively. I was the middle kid, Marta was the oldest, and Anna was the youngest." I ask, "So, Anna's daughter Melodia is staying here with us?" My mom nods and I go peak in the guest room. In bed, I see a red haired girl who seems to be 21 at most. I shut the door and head to bed.

Melody POV:

In the kitchen, I sit on my V-phone, texting Luke about how my first night went. I text, Lydia came into my room pretty soon after I fell asleep, but I heard her because of my insomnia. Anyways, when are you coming by?, and Lydia walks in. I start a likely conversation with, "Hi, I'm Melody. Lydia right? It's good to meet you." Lydia says, "Good to meet you too. I thought your name is Melodia?" I chuckle and say, "Yeah it is, but my mom always called me her Melody, and the nickname just stuck." Lydia smiles a bit and asks, "How old are you?" I answer, "21, as of last August. You?" She replies, "17. Who were you texting?" I smile and say, "My boyfriend, Luke. And you're actually the youngest of us." Lydia raises an eyebrow and asks, "If so, than who's the oldest? Also, how long have you and Luke been dating?" I answer, "8 months. And Anthony's the oldest, as he's reportedly in his 30's. Want me to take you to school?" She nods and we head out.

The drive to her school is relatively quiet. In the parking lot, as she's getting out, I yell, "Have a good day at school, cuz!" Giggling, I drive off and leave her to deal with that chaos.

Lydia POV:

Mel drives off in her Buick, and Stiles runs up and asks, "Lydia, who the hell was that?" I sigh, roll my eyes, and say, "My weird ass cousin who I just learned about last night." Scott asks, "How closely is she related to you?" I answer, "1st cousin. Her mom and my mom were sisters." Walking into school, I feel a strange sensation on the sides of my neck, but I ignore it.

Melody POV:

Waiting on the couch for Luke, I hear a knock at the door. Aunt Cass answers it, abut she quickly turns to me and asks, "Is the person at the door your boyfriend?" I raise an eyebrow and ask, "Does he have dark, curly hair or blonde spiky hair?" She holds up 2 fingers and I stand up and say, "I'll get my knives. That isn't my boyfriend, that's my abusive ex. I broke up with him more than 3 years ago." I head into the guest room, but once I'm back out, the cunt is gone. Then a different knock sounds, and I know exactly who's going to be there when I open it.

Luke POV:

I knock on the door in the way Mel told me to, and in less than a second, the door is open and Mel is hugging me really tightly. She puts me back down and leads me inside, stopping once we're in front of a professional and honestly scary red haired woman. I gulp before starting with, "Hello, ma'am. You must be Melody's aunt Cassandra. I'm Luke, her boyfriend of 8 months." Her stern expression softens and she says, "Hello Luke, It's good to meet you. I may have changed my name, but you can still call me Cass, if you want. I was just worried about Mel, as her ex showed up just minutes ago." My heartbeat quickens as I remember what happened last time they interacted, and I ask, "What did she do or say?" Cass chuckles and says, "She stood up and said she'd get knives from where she's staying, but I kicked him out and away before any crimes could be committed." I laugh a bit, and Cass quickly ushers Mel and I into the kitchen for lunch.