Trust and Betrayal

George Macdonald once quoted that "To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved". And there is absolutely no denying that. Trust is ,in fact, more of an accomplishment as an individual than just a compliment. If people are able to trust you, have faith in you, then you are undoubtedly the ideal friend everyone would want. And believe me, that is greater than any other achievement which you could possibly accomplish. 

When someone trusts you with something, they fight with their inner conflicts and only then do they put their full faith in you. And it becomes your duty to respect that, to value their trust and never ever betray them. If you end up betraying someone, not only do you hurt them, but also end up destroying their faith in you. Even if they end up forgiving you, they never forget that betrayal, because they simply can not. You had hurt them, and even when the wound heals, it leaves a mark. A mark that is a constant reminder of your betrayal. And they might never have the same faith in you ever again. 

If you ask me, I would just say that being trusted is rather easier than to be able to keep the trust. Many people can have faith in you, but are you able to value their trust?- That is the real question. Hence, be careful of who you trust. I have seen so many people around me who fall prey to betrayal, pretty easily. And who is at fault here?- Them or the ones who betrayed? Honestly, there is no correct answer to this. You can never know who will break your trust. For, it is more often the ones closest to us, who betray. You will rarely see any 'enemy' backstabbing you, and that is simply because you know that they never came across with good intentions, and hence you made sure that they are not to be trusted. However, we tend to share each and every thing with our friends and families. On a more general note, our near and dear ones. They know so much about us, they have so much to keep with themselves, and probably that is the reason they end up breaking our trust.

To conclude, I would say that Trust and betrayal are the two flip sides of the coin- it just depends on how you value others and value your own integrity. 

Topic Suggestion by @RishavChakraborty6