Family

Since the dawn of civilizations, we humans, have always had a 'family'- a group of people who are the most important part of our lives. They stand beside us, through life's ups and downs, constantly supporting us, and making us feel worthy. They are the ones who are scolding us harshly one moment, and being the sweetest the other moment. Life, actually feels like a roller coaster life, when we are with them. Every second, every moment is worth it, be it the happiest tales, or the bitter quarrels. 

The urge of calling someone 'family', comes from deep within. We can't just go about calling every friend of ours as family, in the same way that we can't call every member of our family a friend. It is how it is. Life, being the magician it is, brings them in our lives in the darkest of times, and suddenly everything lights up. The life we had been dreading all along, now becomes what we look up to. It is that person, or the group of persons who change our lives, ourselves in the way. 

We don't choose our family. They are God's gift to us, as we are to them. They are found through encounters, fortunate ones. We should be thankful and grateful to God for having such lovely people with us. But remember, God never sends people to us calling them our family. It is our duty to make them a family for us, and to make ourselves a family to them. If we expect them to be the shoulder to lean on times too tough, we have to ensure that we stick through their hardships as well. No bond is made is heaven. It is us who tie the threads and call it a family.