3.12 - Rush escort

On this day, Xi Rong got up as usual, had a meal, put away the clothes that had been dried last night, and then moved the table to the brighter yard to write.

There happens to be a huge camphor tree outside, with lush branches and leaves. Under the tree, it is bright and not in the sun. There is a slight breeze, which is cool and comfortable.

I have gradually started to get started these days. If I write all day today, I might be able to finish a story.

Although it cannot be printed into a thick book, it can be sold for two pennies if the shop owner is willing to take a few dozen pages.

You can get one penny for two pennies, and you can get ten pennies for selling ten copies.

Being able to make money is already very impressive. If he could make twenty cents, he would have paid back the cost of buying pens, ink, paper and inkstones this time.

There is always a way to learn some words.

Xi Rong wrote enthusiastically. Although his literary talent was not as good as Mr. Yangchun's, and it was all in vernacular, he was better because of his novel plot and unique style. He might become famous and make a fortune instantly.

I got up very early these days, and when night fell, I was still writing with candlelight. Often, Zhou Fenglang would ask him to eat, and then he would go there slowly. Then he would be conquered by the first bite of food, and he would eat wholeheartedly. , sleepiness came over me, and I never thought of touching my pen again after taking a bath.

Last night Zhou Fenglang said that there was a lot of work today and he would go home later. He had prepared Xi Rong's meals for the day early and went out to work before dawn. He said that he would not come back until very late. Xi Rong went to bed first, leaving the dishes and chopsticks for him to wash when he came back.

Since no one called me for dinner, I kept writing like this all day long. I was so hungry late at night that I warmed up the food and ate a bowl.

The food that had been warmed for a day was not that delicious after all, and I was afraid that I would be hungry at night, so I just finished a bowl of rice.

There were still vegetables in the pot. In the evening, there was a tofu seller selling tofu. Xi Rong bought two pieces of tofu and four or five eggs from the old woman's house next door. He had no cooking skills at all. Afraid that Zhou Fenglang would only have some leftovers when he returned home, he bought some fresh ones and waited for him to cook them.

To this day, Xi Rong has finished writing this story. After eating, he wanted to read it again, but he couldn't read it.

It's dark, the candlelight is dim, and it will damage your eyes if you look at it any longer.

Xi Rong waited in the room for a while. The watchman rang the bell twice, but Zhou Fenglang didn't come home.

He looked at the door, opened a crack slightly and looked outside. It was dark and there was no light at all, as if there were countless bad guys hiding. Xi Rong quickly closed the door.

He was wrapped in a cold quilt alone, unable to sleep, wondering where Zhou Fenglang had gone and why he hadn't returned home yet.

It wasn't until the fourth watch that there was some movement at home.

But there was no knock on the door. It looked like a thief had broken in. Someone had climbed over the wall!

Xi Rong's eyes widened in fear, wondering whether the several hundred coins at home had been completely hidden, and he was also afraid that the thief was a vicious desperado. He was extremely frightened, thinking why Zhou Fenglang didn't come back yet?