Chapter Two

CW: minor swearing (if we missed anything let us know)
Word Count: 2265
Character Count (no spaces): 10,195

CW: minor swearing (if we missed anything let us know)Word Count: 2265Character Count (no spaces): 10,195

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited by: bestyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

9:00 AMArchery Lesson at the East Wing Archery Range

9:00 AM
Archery Lesson at the East Wing Archery Range

THE FIRST ITEM ON today's schedule after breakfast. And thank goodness for it because I needed to see my best friend.

Duke Daniel of the Birlap Phantoms. Danny to me. One of Birlap's most affluent noble families is the Phantoms. Wealthy in every way possible, and with hands so deep into the pockets of our kingdom they have members on the royal council. Phantom isn't their actual family name, but a name assigned to them because of their legacy.

Danny's ancestors had been strong warlocks, and were capable of summoning phantoms of great power. They used their powers to gain their riches, by assisting the kingdom with magical defenses in wars and for medicines that couldn't be accomplished through science. Centuries of using magic to gain prosperity and the Phantom Manor grew.

With his parents on the royal council, Danny and I grew up taking lessons together. Us and Eleanor, of course. Danny was my best friend, besides Ellie. But with her taking her mother's place it was just Danny and I.

"You're on time? I am truly impressed." And just like his phantoms, Duke Daniel is summoned. He approaches with a cocky smile, tying his white locks out of his face.

I snatch one of my arrows from where I've already gathered my supplies for our lesson and point it at him. "Careful. I could have your head if you don't show some manners." Danny laughs and pushes the arrow aside. Mockingly, he gives an exaggerated bow, sweeping his leg behind him and extending his arms.