Chapter Six

CW: angst, swearing, heartbreak
Word Count: 1281
Character Count (no spaces): 5872

CW: angst, swearing, heartbreakWord Count: 1281Character Count (no spaces): 5872

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited By: bestyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

TEARS PRICK MY EYES while I hurry away from Prince Arny's chambers

He'd told me not to knock. He'd told me a thousand times.

After last night, I finally thought it'd be alright. That was my mistake. Of course it wasn't alright. It never had been. How could I have been so foolish?

The wine bottle wasn't the only thing that had broken when I'd opened that door. My heart shattered, just like the glass, the pieces laying in puddles of regret.

The bottle was expensive. There were plenty more like it in the cellar, but it was expensive. I just felt cheap. Easily discarded for the next, better option.

I wipe at my eyes, sight blurred from the tears. Turning the corner, I collide with another person and drop the tray. It crashes to the floor for the second time tonight. I'm certain it'll be dented by the time I've put it away.

"What the hell?"

I scramble for the tray, keeping my head down. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

A gloved hand reaches for the tray and hands it to me.
"Hello, Ellie. You're alright, don't worry about it." Duke Daniel.

I take the tray from him, embarrassed. "Thank you, your grace."

I try to brush past, but he takes my arm. "What's this?" Danny gestures to the red streak across my apron. "Ellie, is that blood?" His brow dips with concern and he peers at my face closely. "Are you crying? What happened?"