Chapter Eight

CW: no warnings (if there are any, comment what it is)
Word Count: 1690
Character Count (no spaces): 7241

CW: no warnings (if there are any, comment what it is)Word Count: 1690Character Count (no spaces): 7241

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Written By: nowejose
Proofread & Edited By: bestyrshemmo

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

THE TRUNK IS FILLED with what few belongings I own

THE TRUNK IS FILLED with what few belongings I own. Most of my clothes, shoes, blankets, and others were given to me temporarily. My mother and I had been blessed with whatever we needed and more, but none of it was truly ours.

The trunk was packed with old dresses that once belonged to my mother and small mementos: a locket, blankets saved from the house before we moved, and framed photographs of us together.

On the table next to my bed is his ring. Arny's ring.

The one he'd given me when he'd made his promise.

Closing the trunk, I stare at the ring debating whether to take it with me or not.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. Time to go.

Duke Daniel enters, surprising me. "Hello, Ellie. I'm sorry they're kicking you out. But I've talked with my father and you can stay with us at Phantom Manor."

"Really?! He said it's alright?" Perhaps I won't be homeless after all. My plan was to seek out old friends of my mothers, hoping they'd take me in for a short while. But if that failed I'd nothing else in mind.

Danny ruffles his hair, sheepishly. "Well... no. But I didn't exactly ask him. I told him. Actually, he was very insistent that we don't have room."

I shake my head and grab the handle on the side of my trunk. It takes both hands to drag it across the room. "I'm sorry, but I really shouldn't if your father doesn't want me there."